PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
What TV show do you remember from childhood showing someone with a pipe? I see pipers' avatars here that, for some, include a cartoon pix with a pipe puffing character LOL

Follow on thought -- Did Popey ever fill his pipe? I only recall seeing him puff it. LOL

2nd Follow on thought -- Do you remember getting your first TV (black and white or color?) that showed this TV cartoon, movie, or show?

I'm wondering if I was shaped by these shows to be curious about pipes early on, how about you?

smiling in Texas
mike

Amazon.com: My Three Sons: Season 1, Vol. 1: Fred MacMurray, William  Frawley, Don Grady, John Howard, Barry Livingston, Stanley Livingston, Tim  Considine, Meredith MacRae, Joseph Todd, Ronne Troup, Earl Bellamy,  Frederick De

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Love that show! And Fred M. is great :). Thanks for the photo!

My wife and I are watching season 5 on DVD's and enjoying "working" our way through them. I feel good watching them!

I read somewhere Fred was quite wealthy, had a big working ranch and did lots of the work there himself, and didn't watch TV while there but what the heck do I know? :)

grinning while typing-
mike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Father Knows Best," actually meant ironically I think, had the dad (a well-known actor whose name escapes me at the moment) smoke a pipe, or at least clench a pipe from time to time. That was in the fifties in black and white. Robert Young and Jane Wyatt were the leads in that show, a quick search tells me.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Here in the UK I have fond memories of watching Jack Hargreaves in “Old Country” puffing away often on a Falcon. He was a great proponent of country sports and amongst other pastimes a very keen fisher and game shot.
I wish we had a TV program like that now. I’m glad I grew up in the 70’s.
Happy puffing
Ettrick puffer
There's a few episodes of "Old Country/Out Of Town" with Jack on the YouTube (I've provided a link to some.)

I didn't care for the show as a kid growing up in the 1980's as I was more interested in cartoons etc. but that theme music certainly brings back memories.

As an adult I've watched a few of the episodes and they're very interesting.