New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I first saw these pipes a while back and they definitely caught my eye. I thought they were definitely unique looking, but didn't purchase one at that time.

Looking through Tsuge's selection on SP, these caught my eye once again. Since my PAD hadn't been satisfied since last week, i went ahead and scooped one up. 002-099-7928_1.5898.jpg002-099-7928.5548.jpg

I think they look pretty cool, myself. And i think this one has a pretty cool grain pattern

Anyway, i own two other Tsuge pipes and i like them quite a bit. I'm hoping to possibly one day be able to buy an Ikebana...one day.

Anyone else a fan of Tsuge? Let's see whatcha got!

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I’ve loved the Tsuge pipes that I’ve owned, but unfortunately, I’ve given them all away so, no pics.

That is a very nice Tsuge and I can see why you’ve scooped it up. Enjoy it! (BTW, is it going to be dedicated to a particular blend or genre?)
To be honest, i haven't decided. More than likely i will smoke Virginia forward blends through it.

Jun 23, 2019
I first saw these pipes a while back and they definitely caught my eye. I thought they were definitely unique looking, but didn't purchase one at that time.

Looking through Tsuge's selection on SP, these caught my eye once again. Since my PAD hadn't been satisfied since last week, i went ahead and scooped one up. View attachment 65690View attachment 65691

I think they look pretty cool, myself. And i think this one has a pretty cool grain pattern

Anyway, i own two other Tsuge pipes and i like them quite a bit. I'm hoping to possibly one day be able to buy an Ikebana...one day.

Are they like a Falcon system pipe kind of set-up?

Is that screw tracks on the rim? Do they sell wind cap accessories and such?

Be very keen to see more pics of the pipe when it arrives.

And since you asked, here's one of my prettiest pipes in my collection:

kCLQWFAh.jpg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Are they like a Falcon system pipe kind of set-up?

Is that screw tracks on the rim? Do they sell wind cap accessories and such?

Be very keen to see more pics of the pipe when it arrives.

And since you asked, here's one of my prettiest pipes in my collection:

kCLQWFAh.jpg
The base screws off and can be screwed on top. As far as it being like a falcon, I'm not sure. I don't think so, but that doesn't mean it isn't. I've just never seen any bowls by themselves for sale. Tsuge actually has a pipe that is very similar to looking like a falcon, but i think you just have the one bowl option.

A beautiful pipe you have there. Is that an Ikebana?

Jun 23, 2019
The base screws off and can be screwed on top. As far as it being like a falcon, I'm not sure. I don't think so, but that doesn't mean it isn't. I've just never seen any bowls by themselves for sale. Tsuge actually has a pipe that is very similar to looking like a falcon, but i think you just have the one bowl option.

A beautiful pipe you have there. Is that an Ikebana?

Yes, a Fukuda piece. It has a live edge with fairly symmetrical tiger-stripe grains on both sides and a small flurry of birdseye on top. What you won't be able to really see in any picture though is how incredible comfortable the stems are - at least for my molars.

A better look at the grains v live edge:

03Nvgwal.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Fukuda san's work, small things ike the "fish lip" rims and the stem work is just a reflection of his overall attention to fine details. I'm currently trying to curate my collection down to two 7-day briar sets - Fukuda san will be penned in for two slots and penciled in for a possible third.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a handsome pipe. A simpler, all-briar Tsuge is or was on the SP Tsuge pages with a similarly tall stack bowl, for the same kind of longer smoke. These aren't as pretty are but are moderately priced. For this same purpose, I have a MM freehand natural finish with the same tall bowl.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

Looking through Tsuge's selection on SP, these caught my eye once again. Since my PAD hadn't been satisfied since last week, i went ahead and scooped one up. View attachment 65690View attachment 65691

I love my one Tsuge. It's a small metal blowfish. It's a very small pipe good for smoking strong stuff in. I use it for three things semois, five brothers, and what's left of a tin that won't fit in a whole bowl. Sorry I don't have pics but they always have them on s.p. and it's kind of a seen one seen them all type of pipe. It smokes great and the craftsmenship is super.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That's a handsome pipe. A simpler, all-briar Tsuge is or was on the SP Tsuge pages with a similarly tall stack bowl, for the same kind of longer smoke. These aren't as pretty are but are moderately priced. For this same purpose, I have a MM freehand natural finish with the same tall bowl.
the thing with Tsuges is they really seem to just like a lot of the french makers punch above their weight class (I mean price point).

Reactions: BROBS
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Whenever it gets in I'll take more pics.

Yes, a Fukuda piece. It has a live edge with fairly symmetrical tiger-stripe grains on both sides and a small flurry of birdseye on top. What you won't be able to really see in any picture though is how incredible comfortable the stems are - at least for my molars.

A better look at the grains v live edge:

03Nvgwal.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Fukuda san's work, small things ike the "fish lip" rims and the stem work is just a reflection of his overall attention to fine details. I'm currently trying to curate my collection down to two 7-day briar sets - Fukuda san will be penned in for two slots and penciled in for a possible third.
It really is a stunning pipe. Definite one of a kind.

My one and only, probably the least expensive pipe they make, the Tasting Pipe. Black sandblasted billiard that is impeccably made.
View attachment 65820
That stack they sell is cheap too.. I've got one of those on my list.
I have a stack from The Tasting series and it's a great little pipe. I also have a stack from the Topper series, but the one from The Tasting series sees more action as its a little more practical. Both pipes smoke well considering what i paid for them