PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
Anyone tried the new god series from Tsuge yet? I was hesitant but got a couple samples from the Chicago pipe show and am finding that I like them. Actually quite mild but a decent relaxing smoke. I tried the Ryujin and Raijin. Not sure which one I like better. Your thoughts?

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of these, but now that I hear that it is a very mild blend, I may not order any. I like the fuller flavor types of tobacco and don't like to fight to try to taste a blend.

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
I am smoking the Ryujin right now and it has plenty of flavor. I meant mild in that it isn't Latakia heavy. I would recommend this one for you. It's the one with the dragon on the tin.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
My mistake jmui, I thought you were saying that it is very mild in taste. I may have to try these.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
@ jmui

A question about the tin art: is that a sticker on the tin or painted on?

I would like to try them (actually more interested in the 4 seasons which can more more original from the Japanese), but it would motivated me much more if the tin art is painted.

:puffpipe:

jmui

Might Stick Around
May 5, 2015
I am not sure if the tin art is sticker or painted on. I did not look at the tins that closely. Sorry. I got the blends as samples from the Chicago pipe show and do not have a tin to examine and it is hard to tell from the pictures on the internet.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
Glad that you enjoyed the smoke, will keep looking. :puffpipe:

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
We got tins of the God series into the shop the other day. The Dragon one sounds kind of interesting and I'll be trying it this week. The aromatics that came out a while back have been lackluster in sales and the few people I've given samples to haven't given much positive feedback. Hopefully this new run of Va's, VaPer and Latakia blends will take off. I'll post my impressions after I get a few bowls smoked

Drew Estates have had great success with marketing on the cigar side and I have to wonder if this abstract approach to pipe tobacco isn't generating the opposite type of market reaction. I like blend names that are easy to remember and pronounce. I am the type of consumer that doesn't like a lot of BS attached to a product. The blend should speak for itself, tin art and folklore doesn't mean jack to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.