PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
Impressive the the driver was able to drive away after that demolition derby display. I though for sure he was totaled! The polls are in, however; Pole: 1 - Truck: 0

Click the 'Watch on YouTube' link. Truly horrifying, and fitting as it's Halloween.
Thank you, and it worked. I have seen this one already. I also watched one where the driver attempted to go under a bridge that was obviously too low, realizing the problem, instead of backing out, he just gunned it, ripping the top off of his truck. I'm pretty sure folks like this are probably under the influence of something.

Reactions: Ghosted Tamper

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I can't seem to see the video, but I get the idea.
Seems like they are getting younger too. Terrifies me to look over at a truck driver and they look like a middle schooler.

Never mind, I see you got it.

(And now I can't remove this response, because a delete is not an edit. Or something... )

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Truck Driver Shortage + Lower the Bar to Address the Problem = Yikes
The plan is to eventually do away with human drivers altogether.

But then the larger plan is to do away with most humans altogether, so then there'll be little need for trucking anyway.

Reactions: Ghosted Tamper

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
WHAAA?!?!?

EDIT: I was kidding earlier, I knew that clip was from some 70s movie. I just saw Jan-Michael Vincent driving the truck and Airwolf is always the 1st thing that pops in my head when I see him.
lol...I figured you were joking, I just didn't get the reference because I actually never saw any of that show. I only now barely remember the name. I watched very little TV in the '80s lol. Amazing to see even Borgnine was in that!

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
You aren't imagining things. The minimum age for interstate Class A went from 21 to 18 last year.
Meanwhile Oregon raised the tobacco purchasing age to 21... You can't drink or have a smoke but you can drive a 30 ton semi truck or go fight in a war when you're 18. They're even making a hash out of joining the military though with all of the politicized nonsense they're forcing on potential soldiers.

Reactions: Streeper541