PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Pipeh

Lurker
Feb 28, 2023
Southern California
I've been trying to call Synjeco in order to complete an order, but I can't seem to connect. I am wondering if it's something wrong on my end (maybe I'm making the international call incorrectly, or something).

I tried to send an email, but didn't receive a response.

Can anyone else confirm whether they are reachable recently?

Thanks

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don't deal with them.
Perhaps if you posted the specifics of what you tried, someone can help. (numbers, times, time of day, message content.)

Pipeh

Lurker
Feb 28, 2023
Southern California
Well, I sent in an order form through their site (August 28, 2 & a half weeks ago), and got an automated email confirmation back.

But the order form mentions that I will need to call in in order give credit card details, and also that the shipping details.

Their stated times that they are open for calls are: Monday to Friday 9-12AM + 2-4PM CET.
I'm in the Pacific Time zone, and they are in the Central European time zone ( 9 hours ahead of me) so I've tried calling after midnight my time, and also tried calling before 7 am my time.
Their number is: +41 91 793 1365.

I've tried calling on my cell phone, but after many rings the call just ends. I've also tried calling via skype, but the call also doesn't complete. This is my biggest uncertainty: I've haven't used my cell to call international numbers since updating to a family plan 2 years ago, and also it's been several years since I've used skype. Either of those could be possible reasons why I can't connect.

However, I've also replied to the email (address: orders@synjeco.ch) asking for a shipping total, and I haven't received any response.

So, at this point, I'm thinking although it could be a problem on my end, I'm guessing there's a fair chance it could be a problem on their end (vacation. perhaps?). Hence, I'm asking whether anyone else has interacted with Synjeco in the past 2 weeks.

Thanks to anyone who can give some insight on this!

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I have purchased and emailed multiple times with Daniel with no problem and he is a great guy but I remember the first time I had to contact him few times before the order went through.
I sent him money through wire transfer as I think they have limitations for credit cards from US customers so cc might be the problem. Last time was a couple of years ago so I cannot say recently.

Reactions: mingc

gawithhoggarth

Can't Leave
Dec 26, 2019
Kendal, UK
www.gawithhoggarth.co.uk
You will not be able to buy any Gawith products from Synjeco unless very old stock or being purchased illegally from elsewhere as we no longer use Synjeco as a distributor. They owe us an awful lot of money so it is now going through legal processes.

Revor Plug is only for sale in the UK. We do not have a license to sell it elsewhere.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
You will not be able to buy any Gawith products from Synjeco unless very old stock or being purchased illegally from elsewhere as we no longer use Synjeco as a distributor. They owe us an awful lot of money so it is now going through legal processes.

Revor Plug is only for sale in the UK. We do not have a license to sell it elsewhere.
Woof.
This is the kind of thing you hate to hear, but love being able to know.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
"You will not be able to buy any Gawith products from Synjeco unless very old stock or being purchased illegally from elsewhere as we no longer use Synjeco as a distributor. They owe us an awful lot of money so it is now going through legal processes."

Horrible to hear. Sorry also because Daniel was a pleasure to deal with but clearly things changed.
Very bad for people in the USA as this was the only way I knew to source plugs and many of the flakes not available in the USA.
Very bad to hear that

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast

Hello, i too would like to owe you an awful lot of money just let me find a distributor license online and cross out "smoking pipes" and we'll just write in Adam .. and i think we will be good to go!

For the record i would be a pleasure to deal with even owing you money, unlike that scoundrel Daniel! I will be a charming scumbag!

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
"You will not be able to buy any Gawith products from Synjeco unless very old stock or being purchased illegally from elsewhere as we no longer use Synjeco as a distributor. They owe us an awful lot of money so it is now going through legal processes."

Horrible to hear. Sorry also because Daniel was a pleasure to deal with but clearly things changed.
Very bad for people in the USA as this was the only way I knew to source plugs and many of the flakes not available in the USA.
Very bad to hear that
Laudisi has started to distribute the SG stuff in the states now. While they don’t offer RB, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do in the future given the demand. They do carry another 6 or so plugs in bulk. (All out of stock currently, but there was ample when the drop happened)