PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Traveling casually in PA and routed myself through Chambersburg so I could visit Boswell's Pipes. I took 3 of my Boswell's with me and they were kind enough (emphasis on kind because they have pipes they're carving) to polish the stems and a quick hit on the pipes. Of course I walked out with another pipe a little bent nose warmer I'm smoking in the pic, some tobacco to test and some doo-dads. They have a slightly new blend to Northwoods these days due to a different Latakia provider, and it reminds me of a Frog Morton blend. No I'm not saying it's a flat out replacement, but it's a fine substitute. My wife picked up the tab on all of it...I'm a pretty lucky guy.

I think every city or town needs a Boswell's. First the store is top notch, quaint, nostalgic and has a first rate smoking lounge upstairs. The staff is very friendly and accommodating even to giving us a dinner recommendation. They have their own parking area, which based on it's location is a great factor since one doesn't have to drive around looking for a spot.

Highly recommend.IMG_2273.jpegIMG_2276.jpgIMG_2280.jpgIMG_2288.jpg

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Shoot, i could have perhaps joined you. (I'm off work for a few weeks on medical).
I live 20 minutes South in Maryland. A group of us get together there every couple of months, usually on a Saturday.
That would have been really good; didn't think about posting on here for a meetup of anyone local. Next time - lesson learned.

Reactions: ssjones

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Adding to correct:

They have a slightly new blend to Countryside these days due to a different Latakia provider, and it reminds me of a Frog Morton blend.
Did they specifically say it was just Countryside? I would find it odd if it only affected that blend and not their other englishes.

Northwoods has been different since McClelland’s been gone so your mention (though it was a typo) that its latakia changed got me excited.

Reactions: lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Did they specifically say it was just Countryside? I would find it odd if it only affected that blend and not their other englishes.

Northwoods has been different since McClelland’s been gone so your mention (though it was a typo) that its latakia changed got me excited.
It wasn't mentioned as "just Countryside" but more in context of what I like. It seems reasonable to assume that any of the blends involving Latakia would be affected. The clarification was that their old vendor was no longer available, and they had to change Latakia sources. As I tried the Countryside, it seemed pretty mild for an English.

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
It wasn't mentioned as "just Countryside" but more in context of what I like. It seems reasonable to assume that any of the blends involving Latakia would be affected. The clarification was that their old vendor was no longer available, and they had to change Latakia sources. As I tried the Countryside, it seemed pretty mild for an English.
Thanks for the clarification! I’ll give Northwoods another shot as I wasn't impressed with it after McClelland closed. Hopefully this new Latakia will bring it back closer to the old version.

JWB

Lurker
Mar 27, 2022
Boswells is like a time machine, what is now rare used to in just about every town, love that place and get there every chance I get and spend as much as I can to do my part

Reactions: yanoJL