PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I just wanted to show off two of my latest SmokinDragon cobs. The three amigos look really nice together. Not at all trying to fuel the Cob/Meer/Briar debate. In fact I love my Castello's, the new one I bought from Smoking Pipes and the estate from Briar Blues are quickly becoming my favorite pipes. Italian Briars seem to be working very well for me now. My new very tall Ferndown Estate Poker Spigot smokes like a dream. Even in 35 mph winds.
6185E4C7-2FC6-487C-8D57-09D17DDCEC4B-815-00000061DA6998BA.jpg

Nothing though IMHO beats a gift from a friend. Thanks again Cajun!
C2A62AA9-3DE1-4368-AB14-A2ED72E77E9C-815-00000062DEDE3CAF.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD5GalIlfLk

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Those are all sweet liking cobs Chris. I especially like Smokin Dragon's Black finish with the kind of plateau top really looks good to me.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Man I have to get me one of those SmokinDragon cobs soon! Those all look amazing! I also have to agree with you about Italian briar pipes. So far, with my limited experience, they give me the best smoke so far. For meers nothing has been as good as my Storient. If I do get a cob it will be a SmokinDragon because they are the only ones that appeal to me.
Cajun is a good man as well! I can't wait till I am able to give back to this great community.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
@photoman
It is not a law that you have to give stuff to contribute. You've givin a ton with your accurate info and more than 3 or 4 word comments. I can see you as a Moderator someday. Realize I am 20 years older than you and Bradley is 50 years older. One of the many reasons why we share is because we remember how hard it was starting out. Trust me at 20 something years of age I didn't have this laid out for a morning smoke.
D9CAFC49-49AB-4F58-BBC7-B0FDC880F86B-1255-0000008ADDF4D6C6.jpg

Yea, love my English made pipes too. I am developing a sense of taste. Not in sophistication but in actual taste of the Briar. I smoked my #11 Storient a bit ago and it is top notch but just delivers the tobacco. It is not giving me the subtle Briar nuances that I am beginning to crave.
Patience is a good thing.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
You chose some nice ones. I especially like the black one with the red stem. That's one I'm sure smokes as good as it looks. And nice comment to Photoman; the younger generation doesn't all show his level of care, concern and class too often IMHO

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea Photoman is a good man for sure. Everyone likes that black one with red stem. that was my first SD Cob. First baccy smoked in it was Hamborger Veermaster. On of my top 10 all time best smokes actually.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
. I can see you as a Moderator someday.
I second this movement... :)
Photoman's been a great help teaching me things here and there
I just wanted to show off two of my latest SmokinDragon cobs
Those pipes look awesome dude, I like the red stem.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice SD cobs! I've had a MM cob for a while now but not smoked it. I think I'd like my first cob experience to be a Smoking Dragon so I'll hold off a while on the MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.