PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jbyrd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 4, 2023
Springfield MO
Sitting on the door step when I got home today. It is kind of strange I feel like I have seen this translucency before ,but only in small places on a pipe this one is pretty much all over. I'm not going to smoke this one until I get my bulldog to 100 bowls. then I will probably switch to this one for about 100. I will do the bowl count and photo up dates as I go for this one as well.
IMG_0618.JPG

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Hi
Sitting on the door step when I got home today. It is kind of strange I feel like I have seen this translucency before ,but only in small places on a pipe this one is pretty much all over. I'm not going to smoke this one until I get my bulldog to 100 bowls. then I will probably switch to this one for about 100. I will do the bowl count and photo up dates as I go for this one as well.
View attachment 210963
Hey! That's a nice claw. Enjoy it!

Jbyrd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 4, 2023
Springfield MO
Hi

Hey! That's a nice claw. Enjoy it!
It is very nice. Thank you so much Said you are great to work with and as I said before I will continue to do business with you. This bulldog hasn't even had 50 bowls through it yet and its already colored more than any of my other meerschaums. Some of them have had a hundred or more bowls through them. Thanks for helping me get another stem with the Claw.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Awesome pipe. What does it look like in your hand? For some reason, meerschaums, especially claws, trip me up with looks compared to size. This one looks huge to me!

But then again my Altinay showed up about half the size I expected! (Yeah I could have looked closer at the specs 😂)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Awesome pipe. What does it look like in your hand? For some reason, meerschaums, especially claws, trip me up with looks compared to size. This one looks huge to me!

But then again my Altinay showed up about half the size I expected! (Yeah I could have looked closer at the specs 😂)
Not huge, but a good size. Close to the same dimensions as my owl.

Screenshot_20230320-195321_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: dunnyboy
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I figure it's easier to carve a decent claw that's larger. The small ones I've seen are dumb and plain and shaped weird lol.
I like my mini claw. Decent design that can be found on a larger scale (no pun intended).

My pinkie barely fits in the chamber. I'll post a picture with something to show the size some other time.

But i agree, some smaller claws have talon work or shaping that is not aesthetically pleasing to me.

20230101_151702.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I like my mini claw. Decent design that can be found on a larger scale (no pun intended).

My pinkie barely fits in the chamber. I'll post a picture with something to show the size some other time.

But i agree, some smaller claws have talon work or shaping that is not aesthetically pleasing to me.

View attachment 211088
Photo for scale.

It's small and cheap since I'm prone to breaking stuff. I'm the reason we can't have nice things.

Actually, it's more of a bad luck issue instead of a breakage one. If it weren't for bad luck, i wouldn't have any luck at all. And a larger claw would likely be in pieces by now.

20230320_222704.jpg