PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
I really enjoy English blends. My faves so far that are a part of my rotation include Nightcap, Northwoods, MM 965, and Quiet Nights. They each offer something unique to me and it is hard for me to pare the list down any farther. Are there other 'traditional' English blends (still available) that I should try? I realize I am likely to get a host of recommendations here, so please limit to The One you'd recommend. I still have 25 blends in my cellar that I haven't tried yet. :)

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
An issue with Lat blends is, Lat mellows down after the tins open. So, it has to settle for the true taste shows up. Having said that, most of GLP's Lat blends are amazing. Peterson Lat blends are also top notch. Rattray, Ashton. Also great. Haven't really had bad Lat blends so far. Oh. Father Dempsey wasn't exactly to my taste. There was something in it that was off taste like some sort of chemical.

Reactions: Manawydan

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
I too am a big fan of englishes, and enjoy many of the OP’s same blends. As a recommendation, I had a bowl of C&D Oriental Silk in a clay pipe yesterday that was thoroughly tasty and intriguing. The flavors weaved in and out throughout the bowl, with spice, incense, and smoothness. In accordance with the name, it’s more oriental-focused than a proper English, and it has no Latakia, but I thought it was marvelous and look forward to trying it in a well-broken-in briar.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Another recommendation for Squadron Leader. Skiff Mixture is another great option. Any of Peter Stokkebye's offerings are pretty good as well. Sutliff's Aromatic English or Voodoo Queen are good if your tastes run to a more flavored English blend. Fox and Hound by one of Sutliff's alter egos is worth a look as well.