PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
I’m in the same boat here have 2 pipes from USA sellers stuck somewhere in Illinois I believe. The Postal service has been under intense pressure since FedEx and UPS have limited the amount of packages they will handle and sizes as well.

The delivery process has collapsed and I would not expect this to improve until week 2 or 3 in January maybe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Success! My order was tracked to arrive yesterday by 8 p.m. and was delivered 10 a.m., bright and early. So kudos to SP and USPS, ever faithful during the Covid crisis and the holiday crunch. Thank you to those providers.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Lots of slow mail here too!

I had one package mailed out Dec. 9th, sit 14 days at the Post Office, and they finally now just started to ship it from the Post Office, that I’m still waiting on. I mean come on, really..... ahhh :eek::rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: kurtbob

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I don't think USPS tracking is reliable. The tracking for one of my packages said it would arrive on 12/31, showed up on 12/21...:oops: In other cases the status goes from at vendor to out for delivery over several days with no updates in between. As long as everything eventually makes it I'm good.

UPS and FEDEX seem a bit better.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Yeah folks, USPS can’t catch a break this year! My lovely wife is the head clerk at our PO. first, the clown that got appointed Post Master General started the mess with changes to daily operations. Then came political mail, mail in ballets and normal stupid heavy Christmas mail along with all of us ordering on line......oh, and did I mention postal people down with COVID? I feel horrible for her, she’s been 12 hrs a day sometimes 7 days a week since September! She has told me to please apologize.......they are giving it their best shot with what they got ;)

My step daughter was a city carrier (on call), she worked 7 days straight for multiple weeks, did that for two years hoping to make full time status. She said the same things, burned out & resigned.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
My step daughter was a city carrier (on call), she worked 7 days straight for multiple weeks, did that for two years hoping to make full time status. She said the same things, burned out & resigned.
It’s really sad. It’s a stressful, thankless outfit to work for. Never crossed my mind what it was like for them but getting to see it over the last 6yrs firsthand, no way in hell would I hire on with them!

Reactions: kcghost

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
And, no benefits or scheduled days off. Their census said the local post office needs to hire more full time permanent workers, but the Postmaster declined to do so. Must be a directive from up top.

I talked to a mailman who knew her, said she was very good at her job, knew her routes, and was on time. He said he was sad to see her go, but understood.

As a side note, I thank my mailman, and the employees at the local office when I see them.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Have a child's Xmas gift in limbo - 9 days to travel 78 miles in Western NY. My order from TP? Arriving today after less than 48 hours from shipment. ?‍♂️

• Sad

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have a package that has been stuck in Kansas City, Mo, for six days now and no one at the post office will even take a look at their own routing system to see what the problem is. But, some buffoon had time to send me an email saying the package was delayed because of Covid. What a load of crap. I think things send by USPS have a good track record of getting to you but when something gets lost you are f**ked.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Mine is now day 15 from Arizona to Texas, which I’m like asking myself, why not Arizona to California heading west instead, the direction it needs to go.

Because Houston is like some big Hub... hmm

Going to be 3 weeks at this rate for a supposed Priority Mail package....

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I understand the USPS is overwhelmed, I get that............ I really do. What really chaps my ass is when I PAY EXTRA for PRIORITY 2- DAY postage and the damn thing takes 3 weeks............
Seems like a refund should be in order but it will never happen.
Again, my heart goes out to all of them, they are working their asses off, but don't charge extra for a service you can't provide...........
Merry Christmas!!.................. AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!!................ puffy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I understand the USPS is overwhelmed, I get that............ I really do. What really chaps my ass is when I PAY EXTRA for PRIORITY 2- DAY postage and the damn thing takes 3 weeks............
Seems like a refund should be in order but it will never happen.
Again, my heart goes out to all of them, they are working their asses off, but don't charge extra for a service you can't provide...........
Merry Christmas!!.................. AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!!................ puffy

Hey beefeater33, actually USPS does do refunds! :)

Reactions: beefeater33

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Hey beefeater33, actually USPS does do refunds! :)

Well that's news to me............. I mispoke then, I guess...........
Thanks for the info. I sold about 5 items on Ebay, and everyone of them are way late....... my buyers are the ones a-bitchin, paying for Priority and getting screwed.........
Myself, I'm a patient guy, I understand...........

Reactions: PipeIT

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
Great optimistic attitude. It took over a week to go 20 minutes from where I live. I could have walled it faster than USPS. ;) I finally drove and delivered the trade we were doing today to avoid USPS frustrations....LOL

Reactions: beefeater33

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
Well that's news to me............. I mispoke then, I guess...........
Thanks for the info. I sold about 5 items on Ebay, and everyone of them are way late....... my buyers are the ones a-bitchin, paying for Priority and getting screwed.........
Myself, I'm a patient guy, I understand...........

Thanks for this. I just chalking it up to 2020 shit. Time is money and dealing with USPS isn’t worth It. He finally got it yesterday!!!

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Let’s be clear here USPS was well aware of this rush as there business has been increasing since early March. Where is the xtra labor , drivers and as long as this pandemic is going on and e commerce is increasing by the month let’s use some business sense here and hire more workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.