PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sure enough, my order from one of our Forums sponsors is stuck in the shop, addressed and ready but not moving. So those little red warning strips about how the holiday shipping traffic is gridlocked are true. I went ahead and signed up for the email notification on any tracking news. Sounds like this could be a Valentines gift to myself. Meantime, the beauty part is that it should keep me from ordering anything else for a while, waiting in anticipation. How is that for finding the silver lining? Om. Christmas cards? Presents? It will be a busy February. When the P.O. tore out the sorting machines, I knew we were in trouble; packages don't go through the sorting machines, but the package handlers are probably over doing the sorting.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I had the same problem with a recent order (not from a site sponsor, but another seller with a good reputation). The package was in "pre-shipment" from Tuesday to Friday of this week. I wrote the seller, and was assured that the package was indeed in the hands of the USPS, but that they weren't scanning in many situations. Last night, it was FINALLY scanned into the system.

I think as everyone has noticed in the SS thread, the USPS is experiencing a 1-2 punch right now. Last week was probably their busiest package week in history, and on top of that a number of employees are out for Covid related reasons.

Maybe we should just all agree to move Christmas to...Easter?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah-ha! The order was placed Dec. 14, and I just received an email saying it has reached Greensboro, N.C.! All this before it said anything about USPS getting it. But things are definitely looking up. The system has a pulse. I'm surprised.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have sympathy for postal workers. Many people will recite long diatribes against the P.O., and the P.O. does make mistakes. But you know the consumers make a lot of mistakes of their own, and you almost never hear a person say, "Damn, I put the wrong zip code on that box," or address any error they ever made. So I take complaints about the post office under advisement. Over many years of intense use of the post, I've had relatively few problems.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
MSO
My recent tobacco orders took about 10 days. The Post Office is under a heavy load. One ☝ item remains and its my new Pete arriving Monday. So far, I haven’t received any delay message and its actually in my State. My fingers remain crossed!

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I almost feel bad about saying this...
I ordered a new Castello from Italy, (because of a recent thread, thanks guys) and it showed at my door in three days (through 5 cities)...all for 211 yuros . I don't really know how much that is in USD and I don't really want to know, but THAT is service.castello-sea-rock-briar-kkkk (1).jpg

Last edited:

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Yeah folks, USPS can’t catch a break this year! My lovely wife is the head clerk at our PO. first, the clown that got appointed Post Master General started the mess with changes to daily operations. Then came political mail, mail in ballets and normal stupid heavy Christmas mail along with all of us ordering on line......oh, and did I mention postal people down with COVID? I feel horrible for her, she’s been 12 hrs a day sometimes 7 days a week since September! She has told me to please apologize.......they are giving it their best shot with what they got ;)

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Ah-ha! The order was placed Dec. 14, and I just received an email saying it has reached Greensboro, N.C.! All this before it said anything about USPS getting it. But things are definitely looking up. The system has a pulse. I'm surprised.
I ordered from WCC on the ninth, package made it to Greensboro three days ago...still there. Now it goes to Raleigh then Goldsboro and Selma. Oh well.
My wife ordered some stuff early November that now has an estimated delivery of mid January.

• Wow
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Things are getting better. The latest tracking email say it will be here Tuesday by 9:30 p.m., a little over a week for the basic rate, not so bad.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.