PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
...or Rack Acquisition Disorder

Snagged this nice, slightly beaten chunk of wood from yesteryear on TDAS (that damned auction site)

Show us your racks, great and small!

Double entendre intended... ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never heard of a pipe person who left an empty pipe rack or cabinet empty for long, even by one slot. When I had a cabinet with five or six empty spaces ... you know the rest.

Reactions: cshubhra

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Just like a garage or basement.....self-fulfilling....
If your larger, more modern size/shape bents don't fit, just cut those o-holes into u-shapes, that makes these kind of racks much more versatile (guess they were primarly made for straight billiards).

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
I've been looking for a while now. Everytime I see a (new) rack I like (looking for something in the 12 pipe range) I talk myself out of it by saying "but I could get a nice estate pipe for that price". Perhaps I'm destined to remain rackless and lonely... Back to that damned auction site I go...

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I have a couple racks, a smaller 6 pipe rack I inherited from my grandpa and a large 12 pipe rack with the U cutouts that is perfect for straight or bent pipes. I've looked at racks again recently but between the two racks I have as well as a few single pipe stands, my daily smoking pipes are easily within reach. I think I may be better off selling a few pipes before putting more on display.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I now have a 6 slot and an 8 slot with holes and a 6 slot with the U cutouts.

That leaves ONE open spot with my current rotation.

There's a few dozen more assorted pipes in the strategic reserve box, but I'll not pursue racks for those. I gotta have somewhere to sit my beer...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Used to use them then they fell into the clutter category. I now lay them on padded bathroom mats on closet shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.