SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
Why bother about hot sauce - If you can have puréed Carolina Reaper or powdered Ghost Pepper.

Jokes apart ... I am still searching for a hot sauce which does not have vinegar and sugar. Till that time it is hot oil from Chinese Restaurants, birds eye green chilli pepper raw and when I am really feeling brave, the ones pictured above

View attachment 61703
I'll see if I can find it but there used to be a Colorado hot sauce that used vodka instead of vinegar and didn't add sugar.

Aug 1, 2012
I would really love that I think ?
So they closed, sadly. But I did find one from Louisiana called "Swamp Dragon" (sorry, my phone is being a pain so no link). They say there are 3 ingredients or less in each sauce with those usually being peppers, salt and booze. Never tried them but it sounds interesting.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Why bother about hot sauce - If you can have puréed Carolina Reaper or powdered Ghost Pepper.

Jokes apart ... I am still searching for a hot sauce which does not have vinegar and sugar. Till that time it is hot oil from Chinese Restaurants, birds eye green chilli pepper raw and when I am really feeling brave, the ones pictured above

View attachment 61703
You could try making your own lacto-fermented sauce, only ingredients are a mash made of hot peppers of your choice, salt, and starter culture. It has a nice tang from the fermentation process producing lactic acid, but doesn't taste vinegary.

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
C2B5C9FB-A5BF-4523-BDDD-0C087A0B8A65.jpeg
I’m pretty basic with my hot sauce, nothing exotic or fancy. I can still eat and enjoy spicy food but found it wrecks my stomach the older I get.

I never understood people that brag about their ability to eat spicy food like it’s some kind of superpower. “Oh you think this is spicy? I can eat whole Carolina Reapers like it’s nothing”

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
IMG_20200322_161211.jpg

I've got boxes of the stuff. I got really into it a couple years ago when I figured out it REALLY helped with some medical issues.

I can highly, highly recommend the following sauces/brands:

-Most anything from Burns and McCoy.
-Alot from Angry Goat Pepper Co.
-Anything from El Yucateco (should be available at the store for cheap).
- Secret Aardvark Habanero Sauce.

My favorites (I pick for flavor):

"Superhot" - Burns and McCoy Exhorresco.
Exhorresco_7_Pot_Primo_Hot_Sauce_Fort_Collins_Colorado_Award_Winning_1024x1024.jpg

Hot - Born to Hula Ghost of Ancho
Born-to-Hula-Ghost-of-Ancho-Hot-Sauce-2.jpg

Warm - Walkerswood Scotch Bonnet

61-vpG3sA9L._SL1000_.jpg

Goes on everything: Secret Aardvark Habanero
460749635593_1024x1024.jpg

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
If you don’t mind elaborating, what kind of medical issues did it help out with?
I suffered from colitis and enteritis (inflammation of the large and small intestine), and a hasty wrong diagnosis of Crohn's Disease. I've also been diagnosed with Refractory Migraines and Tension headaches.

Spicy food helped my digestive symptoms, because it causes your body to release a greater level of digestive enzymes which help digest food and "lubricate" the digestive system.

The spicy stuff only helped my head issues if I ate something that was above my tolerance level, that "Way too hot" awakening physical reaction.

Capsaicin can dramatically reduce inflammation, which was a large part of my issues. It can exacerbate pancreatic issues though, so eating alot of spicy food does not work for everyone.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Crystal is my go to sauce, I like to drink it right from the bottle. Hot, but not too hot. We used to live by the guy that started a hot sauce business called "Mo Hotta, Mo Betta when we lived in SLO CA. back in the 1990s. He was always giving us samples of some new hot sauce he found from another place in the world. Our favorite was one call "Inner Beauty", a scotch bonnet and carrot based sauce. Fairly hot but good with fruit. Now one of my favorites is Go-Chu-Jang, a sweet, spicy Korean sauce.
Inner Beauty came back after being discontinued for years. You can order it on Amazon.

It holds a special place in brats and egg sandwiches.