PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@JimInks

Im not pressing the matter. I just thought Id mention this. My IT skills are pathetic too. However, it has gotten a lot easier to put together sites. My site www.Phil-tone.com is for sax mouthpieces (Its not ad supported) which I make by hand. Over the past 20 years I have had assistance from guys who were good on computers. I simply traded a mouthpiece or mouthpiece work. Once the bare bones of a page are built its pretty easy to add and modify.

If you were inclined I bet you could find someone who would trade off for a pipe or two or tobacco. Its not my business (so Im not asking) I am mentioning that you shoud be getting free stuff to review. Some of that might help maintain your site for "Occasional payments" to someone decent at web work. I really bet you could put together a nice page that a lot of folks would really enjoy. Of course only if you were inclined. Not everyone needs a web page. I only have one because its how I make a living post retirement.

Anyway, Im gonna leave it at that...since its not my business. I just thought it might be something to consider IF you were intersted. Its always worked out well for me.

Reactions: JimInks and MattRVA

Pip'n'Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2022
Nothing works on the website for me anymore. Can’t view profiles or review lists, page does not exist. Can’t see new reviews except the 4 at bottom of home screen, clicking on what’s new takes me to a list of reviews that have been up for a couple months. Server errors, page crashes, long load times, poor sorting, tobaccos disappearing and reappearing… every time I go on it’s something. I give up on this website😪.

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
@JimInks

Im not pressing the matter. I just thought Id mention this. My IT skills are pathetic too. However, it has gotten a lot easier to put together sites. My site www.Phil-tone.com is for sax mouthpieces (Its not ad supported) which I make by hand. Over the past 20 years I have had assistance from guys who were good on computers. I simply traded a mouthpiece or mouthpiece work. Once the bare bones of a page are built its pretty easy to add and modify.

If you were inclined I bet you could find someone who would trade off for a pipe or two or tobacco. Its not my business (so Im not asking) I am mentioning that you shoud be getting free stuff to review. Some of that might help maintain your site for "Occasional payments" to someone decent at web work. I really bet you could put together a nice page that a lot of folks would really enjoy. Of course only if you were inclined. Not everyone needs a web page. I only have one because its how I make a living post retirement.

Anyway, Im gonna leave it at that...since its not my business. I just thought it might be something to consider IF you were intersted. Its always worked out well for me.
Very cool website, I had no idea so much went into sax mouth pieces.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Nothing works on the website for me anymore. Can’t view profiles or review lists, page does not exist. Can’t see new reviews except the 4 at bottom of home screen, clicking on what’s new takes me to a list of reviews that have been up for a couple months. Server errors, page crashes, long load times, poor sorting, tobaccos disappearing and reappearing… every time I go on it’s something. I give up on this website😪.
Nah, it's a conspiracy
The entire usps website is down right now too
Must be "Russian interference"... :ROFLMAO:

Or I need to clear some cookies...

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Nah, it's a conspiracy
The entire usps website is down right now too
Must be "Russian interference"... :ROFLMAO:

Or I need to clear some cookies...
Well it's still acting up for me too.
Did a search which supposedly came up with 80 blends, but will not show anything beyond the first page, regardless if I choose to see 20 or 50 at a time. So at best I see 50 of the 80 potential in the list...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
@JimInks

I never thought you were being pushy. I know you are trying to help me out, and I appreciate that very much. Thank you.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

jacot23

Lurker
Nov 1, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I keep copies of all my reviews on file. If I could afford the expense of having and maintaining a blog, I would consider doing that since I own the rights to my reviews.

Btw, I just posted my review of Low Country Atalaya on this forum for those who are interested.

You could do a wordpress blog for essentially free through wordpress's site; I'm sure there are others too but IMO it's the easiest to use and arguably the best as far as blogging goes. They have paid options too w/ custom domains(the free option would be like: wordpress.yourblogname.com).

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
You could do a wordpress blog for essentially free through wordpress's site; I'm sure there are others too but IMO it's the easiest to use and arguably the best as far as blogging goes. They have paid options too w/ custom domains(the free option would be like: wordpress.yourblogname.com).
Thanks for the information.

Reactions: jacot23

RudyG

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2023
New York
I enjoy Jim's great reviews and find them useful for an accurate description of the blend's contents.

My palate certainly isn't that sophisticated, but I always enjoy Jim's "can be an all day smoke" tobaccos.

We all have different tastes as evidenced by the review discrepancies smokers can have on a particular blend. I can have a spiritual experience with a certain blend that others say is garbage.

I find that interesting to read.

Reactions: JimInks and FLDRD