PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I've been noticing a lot of page errors stating "This page isn’t working" on tobaccoreviews.com when trying to look for reviews. Anyone else noticing it a lot lately or is it just me?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The overall redesign is a masterpiece of bad concept and inept design. The result is prettier, but dumber. The functionality is still there, just clumsy. The old site needed an upgrade. Too bad it got this instead.

I just go to brands on the top menu and set it for 100 entries. Then it's another step or two to get to the reviews.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
The overall redesign is a masterpiece of bad concept and inept design. The result is prettier, but dumber. The functionality is still there, just clumsy. The old site needed an upgrade. Too bad it got this instead.

I just go to brands on the top menu and set it for 100 entries. Then it's another step or two to get to the reviews.
This right here. The new site is a classic case of looks trumping function, even though the looks aren’t great either. Buggy as heck. The info is there if you can find it though.
Seems to me that a lot of websites go downhill when they get an “upgrade”. All the more reason to congratulate Kevin @admin for doing an excellent website upgrade a couple of years ago.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I never have any trouble with "Page Not Found", but since I access it only on a PC, the same way I do all of my web stuff, that may be the reason.

Reactions: Ebarber

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I never have any trouble with "Page Not Found", but since I access it only on a PC, the same way I do all of my web stuff, that may be the reason
I'm getting the error on my PC. That is the way I access it also. It could be my browser but it sounds like others are having trouble too.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Similar to many of you, I miss the old platform. The new update is not as user friendly when wanting to see all the brand names. Although petty, I don't like scrolling through all the pages to get the brand I'm looking for.
Type the name in the Search box. Don't even have to hit enter. Takes you right to it. Even just a few letters will bring up a list.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I’ve found it quicker, if I know the blend i want research; Is to google that blend and it will give me the link to TR straight up.
Why the hell they changed the mechanics of the site instead of just modernising the looks I don’t know.
They were trying to appeal to hipsters.
They failed.
Somebody’s idiot nephew was involved.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
  • Haha
Reactions: sablebrush52