PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brock

Lurker
Mar 26, 2022
Business calls me down to NYC (a trip I try to avoid) and I will have some free time Mid-town West. Does anybody know of any good, interesting tobacconists in that area. Thank you.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I'm not sure about the pipe tobacco selection at the Midtown location, but, I went to the one in the Brookfield Place Mall near the World Trade Center last week, and the Davidoff there only carries tins of their own tobacco. Barclay Rex, on Maiden Lane, has their own branded, loose bulk pipe tobacco, as well as a small section for various tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I miss Nat Sherman, but I don't get to Manhattan these days. The Barclay Rex store that was up the street was rather small by comparison, but I think it may have moved, and now it has a lounge, I see from the post above.

Nat Sherman had a big walk-in humidor and a wide inventory of pipes. Their lead sales associate Cliff Gold, CRT, attended me and sold me a good bulk supply of their 536 English blend with burley, and i settled into a rocking chair outside the humidor, close enough to the lounge areas with sofas to people watch, and lit up my Jerry Perry bent billiard from Colfax, North Carolina, and had a most pleasant hour. It was on East 42nd Street and had a huge clock in a gold frame above the door as a landmark.

Now Iwan Ries on Wabash Avenue near the elevated railroad in downtown Chicago is the national temple of pipe smoking.

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
I miss Nat Sherman, but I don't get to Manhattan these days. The Barclay Rex store that was up the street was rather small by comparison, but I think it may have moved, and now it has a lounge, I see from the post above.

Nat Sherman had a big walk-in humidor and a wide inventory of pipes. Their lead sales associate Cliff Gold, CRT, attended me and sold me a good bulk supply of their 536 English blend with burley, and i settled into a rocking chair outside the humidor, close enough to the lounge areas with sofas to people watch, and lit up my Jerry Perry bent billiard from Colfax, North Carolina, and had a most pleasant hour. It was on East 42nd Street and had a huge clock in a gold frame above the door as a landmark.

Now Iwan Ries on Wabash Avenue near the elevated railroad in downtown Chicago is the national temple of pipe smoking.
I'm excited as I'll be stationed near iwan ries for 6 months on the next job I go to.

Reactions: jpmcwjr