Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Don’t know Glasgow, but Edinburgh has a couple. I visited The Pipe Shop. Amazing selection of tobacco. Unfortunately, it’s the UK, so, pretty expensive compared to what im accustomed to here in the USA.

youdancer

Lurker
Sep 19, 2016
Thanks. Aware of the extra expense, but still hoping I might be able to pick up some unobtainables.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
The Pipe Shop in Leith on the outskirts of Edinburgh is great. Glasgow is a much larger city, but I've never heard of any tobacconist there.

celticbrewer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2018
Was in Glasgow about a year ago. Robert Graham 1874 has a decent selection of GH and Germain bulks, tins, and plugs for pipe tobacco but is more of a franchise than a B & M. The pipe shop is the place to go in Scotland though!

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Workman is correct. The Pipe Shop is in Leith and in the outskirts of Edinburgh, but to put things in perspective, I walked from the train station in downtown Edinburgh to The Pipe Shop in about 30 minutes. It felt as though I hadn't left Edinburgh, except that the buildings were much newer on the whole and the character of the area had no historic charm. It's not a glamorous section of town, but on a major thoroughfare which leads directly to downtown Edinburgh. We took the bus back to downtown with no transfers at all.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I'll be in Glasgow later this summer (London too). Robert Graham will hopefully be one of my stops.

piperRowan

Lurker
Jul 2, 2019
You could try Robert Graham 1874 which is literally impressive with wide selections in aromatic.
Otherwise, just if you accept to buy them online. Turmeaus has a wide range of pipe tobaccos and some beautiful pipes you can have a look.
I use mysmokingshop (Onlineshop) occasionally but moisture level in their loose tobacco is really unidentical. Some are too dry and some others are too moist for my preferences.
Hope you can get what you need!

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
Living in Edinburgh, I also highly recommend the Pipe Shop, they have an amazing selection of tobacco both in tin and bulk as well as Sir Walter Scott snuff which I can highly recommend. Might be worth taking the train or bus from Glasgow to Edinburgh, it's quite fast and not too expensive. They also have a relative big selection of pipe, but most of them are on the bigger size.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
It’s been over a decade since I’ve been, but I remember a little shop in nearby Paisely. James Harvie or something along those lines.

molach95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2017
I live in Scotland but not in the Central Belt (where Glasgow and Edinburgh are, I'm technically in the Highlands) so I just buy all my tobacco-related stuff online. I have heard of the Smoke Lounge & bought a few pipes online from the Pipe Shop in Edinburgh, which is meant to be quite good. There is a tiny tobacconist in my local city/large town but you'll just get a lot of Gawith & Hoggarth in there. Admittedly if I buy tobacco from a shop it's my local supermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.