PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I tried and love using nasal snuff but it ends up stopping me up, I use the remainder of my snuff to sprinkle on some blends that need a lil boost, adds some good flavor and gives a good nic hit. I’ve been dipping Cope for 25 years and it is simply an addiction that I would rather be without I’m going to quit as I much prefer pipe smoking to any other form of tobacco consumption.

Reactions: oldtoby

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Surprised this thread has not been given the old heave ho yet... So, I'll chime in quickly before the ax falls and say that Dan Tobacco's Blue Note makes a fine potpourri in the bathroom. :wink:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Surprised this thread has not been given the old heave ho yet... So, I'll chime in quickly before the ax falls and say that Dan Tobacco's Blue Note makes a fine potpourri in the bathroom

Hahaha! That’s what Captain Black is for, no? My father actually did this with CB when I was growing up, made the house smell great! He loved the smell of pipe tobacco but didn’t want to start smoking so he put it in an electric potpourri pot, it worked surprisingly well.

Jan 8, 2013
didn’t want to start smoking so he put it in an electric potpourri pot, it worked surprisingly well.
Hawky, I'll sometimes dry out my aromatics by placing some in a flat bottomed coffee filter. I then place that on a coffee cup warmer. Makes the whole place smell lovely as I'm drying out my tobacco. Does pretty much the same thing :)

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Been making my own dip for years. Since I make it myself, I don't add all the nasty chemicals that the commercial boys do. I do not need to carry around a spit can because my dip does not cause an excess of saliva. I make everything from Wintergreen, Black Licorice, Orange, Apple-Cinnamon and even Pina Colada. The best thing though is everywhere I go (including where I work) are signs saying No Tobacco use of any kind. I usually give the sign a smirk as I'm chewing and then giving them a mental..F-you!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Levi Garret and King B are my two go to brands for chew and you can smoke King B in a pipe incidentally. Just trying to keep the thread on topic so we all don't get locked out!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hawky, I'll sometimes dry out my aromatics by placing some in a flat bottomed coffee filter. I then place that on a coffee cup warmer. Makes the whole place smell lovely as I'm drying out my tobacco. Does pretty much the same thing :)

Noice! I’d try that but I don’t have a coffee maker, I mainly drink tea. Maybe I should just get a potpourri pot and some Captain Black... although, that would make for some expensive potpourri. Back when my Dad did it those pouches were probably under $2.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
All those wet type of Swedish Snus(Ettan, Generals,Goteborgs and other) are very popular where i live,especially amongst younger generation,whereas I personally prefer American Chewing tobaccies over to these or any other oral tobacco products,nontheless I use them quite seldom,+ they (Chews I mean)seem to be very addictive to me

Reactions: oldtoby

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Old thread, but I enjoy nasal snuff and use it on occassion. I use Toque / Silver Dollar "Scotch" the most. I sometimes also use the Toque / Silver Dollar "Natural" as well as the whiskey-honey blend or whatever its called. A little pinch of the Scotch goes nice with a black coffee in the morning.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Like many swedes I use snus all the time.
Preferred kind is Grov by Swedish Match, it's the closest thing to pure tobacco taste.
Otherwise... there's plenty of new tastes around, mostly fruit and mint variations.
Heck, if I want toothpaste I buy toothpaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.