PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
At least there are some good politicians still around. The only one I voted for last election sent me the following e-mail. The other two jerks ignored me.
Dear Mr. Patton:
Thank you for getting in touch with me about a situation in which roll-your-own cigarette tobacco is being mislabeled as pipe tobacco in order to evade taxes.
I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I have shared your correspondence with the the legislative assistant in my office who monitors commerce issues. Per your request, I have asked my assistant to contact the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) about this matter.
Thank you again for being in touch.
Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Politics is a game of "Taxation if you can get away with it". I for one am not surprised about tobacco tax and the canned replies to our letters and e-mails. I'm certain before too long there will be meters on our crappers. A flush tax for #1 and a double tax for #2. The only way to avoid that tax is to pee in your yard and send your #2 via first class mail. I think we can use the same mail list we already have.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Who is tiltjlp? I'm MJTannen known elsewhere as LIPIPE. ......"My shit don't stink!" Ha Ha!

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
At least there are some good politicians still around. The only one I voted for last election sent me the following e-mail. The other two jerks ignored me.
Dear Mr. Patton:
Thank you for getting in touch with me about a situation in which roll-your-own cigarette tobacco is being mislabeled as pipe tobacco in order to evade taxes.
I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I have shared your correspondence with the the legislative assistant in my office who monitors commerce issues. Per your request, I have asked my assistant to contact the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) about this matter.
Thank you again for being in touch.
Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown
MJTannen,.....I believe Kevin was speaking in reference to this post by tiltjlp :)

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Thanks Tommy. My old eyes missed that. Too bad responses are always sequential rather than under the original post.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
"... placing a tax burden on one product may seem unfair, I believe we must act for the greater good".
Thank you Adolf Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.