PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I agree with Roth, I am like his Dad, quit 7 years ago & still want one Sun. AM with coffe at the breakfast counter. They say the first 7 years are the worst. Good luck, it's easy!! Pipe certainly helps.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Stay strong, get a lot of rest to keep your mental strength up and drink a ton of water to clean out the chemicals. All good advice I can't follow. I'm down to around 3-4 a day myself and it's tough. But remember that you're fighting the good fight.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Thanks All for the encouragement and ideas.

Just want to make something clear, I personally do want to quit the nails as they do not taste as good as the once did and I am very close as I have smoke less than 3 packs since mid November. The pipe is my way to take the place of the nails, I have always loved the smell of a pipe and now enjoy the flavors of the pipe tobaccos and the variety. The only place I have smoked a nail in the past week has been work due to convenience and I have a part pack there that I can not throw away. I am looking forward to many new tobacco's to test drive in the pipe.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I'd say just find something you enjoy the taste of and smoke accordingly.
The odds are that you won't get much continued satisfaction from light aromatics coming from cigarettes.
If you enjoy the taste of 1Q and CBW, though, have you ever blended in a strong tobacco with them to amp it up a notch?
I don't know your work situation but if you need tobacco for short breaks then the codger burleys are ideal.
Prince Albert is inexpensive for a good for a quick low maintenance smoke with a bit more nicotine presence. You may like one of the others better (Carter Hall, Sugar Barrel, Half & Half, Granger etc) but that is the one that I am most familiar with...
On the whole, though, if I smoked for a habit I would be happiest with Escudo for moments when I had the time to enjoy my pipes. It is not strong by any means, but its got plenty of rich tobacco flavour and more strength than those aromatics by a longshot.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Dunhill Nightcap. I am pretty nic tolerant, but this one is the one of few I have noticed the nic in. Maybe its not very nice heavy (im sure someone here will correct me) but i enjoy it a lot.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Whats worked for me is 5 Brothers Pipe Tobacco. It has a high Nic content. I mix it with P.A. or C.B. when I want or need that extra nic . If time is a factor like at work then a small bowled pipe and straight 5 Brothers does the trick for me. If you are down to just a couple nails a day then you have the habit part took care of, now you just need to work on the desire for nic. Stronger tobacco can help with that and if you are mixing it in your fav. blends you then can back down the strength slowly if you like. Our do like me and fall in love with higher nic blends.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Best of luck with your quit-attempt!
I would quit, but my momma didn't raise a quitter :rofl:
In all seriousness, best of luck, truly. I think bench pressing 5 tons would be slightly easier than quitting the sticks. All of my previous attempts to quit have been failures; however, since I've taken back up the pipe and have gotten serious about pipe smoking I have cut back from over two packs a day to about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pack a day. Slow but steady wins the race!

Status
Not open for further replies.