PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpybear

Lurker
Dec 30, 2017
West Columbia, S.C.
I always smoke on my back porch. Over the blistering and humid South Carolina summer I was not having anything with Latakia. Before summer I was just starting to enjoy them. Now that we have had several nights in the upper 50s I am back to enjoying them. Maybe it will change with time.

I am pretty much tied to seasons; gardening, greenhouse, farming, clothes. Our foods change depending on what is growing. Our tastes change. My tasks around the house change. When I have to get my leaf blower out, I start craving Virginia-burley blends, a little burley in my VaPer. C&D definitely starts to appeal to me. Then as it get's colder, and I start building more fires, I start craving latakias, a little latakia in my VaPers. I don't get all pumpkin spice crazy, but I definately start to crave different things at different times. Summertime, I am definitely into sweeter VaPers.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
My tastes ebb and flow but it doesn't seem toes to the seasons. I like anything at any time. I'll have a Latakia and Orientals phase, then a dark fired phase, then a virginia/Vaper phase. In no particular order. Blends usually fall in and out of my rotation with no rhyme or reason until I get tired of it or finish the tin/jar.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I always smoke on my back porch. Over the blistering and humid South Carolina summer I was not having anything with Latakia
I'm originally from South Florida. Hottest summer of my life was boot camp in Columbia, SC. I could not even imagine smoking outside on a summer day.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I reckon I don't really have one. I just kinda sorta smoke whatever I'm in the mood to smoke. Don't think I'll ever truly pin down any kind of rotation, but just stockpile blends I like and smoke them when I get the hankering for it. I might smoke Black Frigate for a week straight before smoking some LBF one day, SWRA the next, followed by a bowl of Boswell's Premium Burley and their Majestic 586 aro. Just never know what I want until I sniff it and say that's it. Unless there's a specific itch needing scratched and right now, I think Sleepy Hollow is going to scratch it good later on this evening.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had bad experience with some holiday aromatic blends, burning cinnamon and such. I thought I was going to do a summer festival of Virginia blends, and though I have smoked some Virginias, I've kept on with burley, English, dark fired and other blends. So seasonal tobacco is an idea with me, but not a practice.

grumpybear

Lurker
Dec 30, 2017
West Columbia, S.C.
"I'm originally from South Florida. Hottest summer of my life was boot camp in Columbia, SC. I could not even imagine smoking outside on a summer day."
From July through August and some of September, day time smoking was not happening. Some of the hotter August nights had me staying indoors. I was born and raised here and I have never gotten used to the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.