PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
The "discovery" has nothing to do with pipes or blends. Possibly a great find for everyone but, hardly anything special for smokers. At least I can't stretch the article to see the connection you seem to make. Elucidate please, your logic. I am curious.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
The "discovery" has nothing to do with pipes or blends. Possibly a great find for everyone but, hardly anything special for smokers. At least I can't stretch the article to see the connection you seem to make. Elucidate please, your logic. I am curious.
No connection to pipe smokers or any other consumers of tobacco in any other form! Just find it interesting that tobacco has other uses besides causing cancer sir, quite amazing actually!

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
There’s no small irony that the parent company is named (BAT) and cig smokers would be beside themselves if it transpires BAT did have a cure and the most effective delivery system to the human body was inhalation using a … you guessed it ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and kurtbob

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
There’s no small irony that the parent company is named (BAT) and cig smokers would be beside themselves if it transpires BAT did have a cure and the most effective delivery system to the human body was inhalation using a … you guessed it ;)
That’s kinda what struck me as ironic about the whole thing. The science behind what they have done has been utilized many times but right now........with this pandemic ......is this age of negative tobacco press to include tobacco companies this comes along. The mainstream media portrays tobacco as a killer (rightfully so) but never mentions the good contributions made throughout human history but here it is in this global situation possibly helping!

Reactions: BROBS and TinCup

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Reactions: kurtbob and BROBS

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Besides, I’m sticking with the old Victorian era theory that tobacco smoke keeps away sickness and other nasties to include deadly pathogen carrying mosquitos.....makes perfect sense in my head:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kozeman

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Just last week I met with my doctor to discuss my recent lab results that I get every 3 months. He cautioned me, as always, to give up tobacco. I smoke cigarettes, do dip and smoke a pipe. I'm 73 and have been using tobacco since I was 14 yrs old. I told him that if tobacco is so harmful for me, how come I get better lab results then he does and he's in his 40's. He often tells me that I'm so healthy, that I'll probably be a pall bearer at his funeral.
images.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.