Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I don't rotate my tins. Never heard of rotating tins. The only time I pull out my tins and maybe rotate them is when I'm digging for a new tin to open or the rare occasion, I re-arrange my cabinet. Otherwise, they sit in the same position for very long periods at a time.

Love all the creative answers, by the way. ;)

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
I group tobacco together, then rotate the jars as I smoke them so I am always smoking something different to scratch and itch. Examples:

Easy morning smoking pile:
Wessex Gold Slice
Opening night
Capstan Yellow
CVP
LTF

Mid morning smokes:
Capstan blue
CBP
Peterson flake
LA Luxury/Classic flake

Reactions: ThermionicScott
For me, I start with the lighter more delicate tasting tobaccos and work my way up to the heavier tasting blend throughout the day. This prevents me from taxing my taste buds early, or smoking one that is more delicate after smoking a heavy latakia.

For example, maybe an aromatic with my coffee as I wake up, then straight virginias for the next few bowls. Then, I smoke a Vaper, then maybe a burley for the next few. Then a latakia if I am going to smoke a latakia that day. Then I would end the day with something heavier like GH&co Dark Flake, Nightcap, or C&D Burley Flake #1.

However, I am not all dogmatic about it. It is just the order I usually try to follow. I just don't like having more than five tobaccos open at any given time.

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
For example, maybe an aromatic with my coffee as I wake up, then straight virginias for the next few bowls. Then, I smoke a Vaper, then maybe a burley for the next few. Then a latakia if I am going to smoke a latakia that day. Then I would end the day with something heavier like GH&co Dark Flake, Nightcap, or C&D Burley Flake #1.
That would be exactly like my average day!

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
FIFO - restaurant slang for first in, first out to rotate stock.

BTW, the world keeps spinning regardless. So jump on the carousel and hang tight while taking things with a sense of humor and grain of salt. Don't complicate things or sweat the small stuff (and damn near everything is the small stuff, especially when it comes to enjoying tobacco).