PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Cuinn

Lurker
Dec 20, 2023
Hello my name is Cuinn I’m fairly new to pipe smoking. I’m looking for a tobacco that isn’t going to break the bank, and is on the sweeter side. I’ve tried some paladin black cherry and it is alright but not exactly what I’m looking for. I’m looking for something a bit sweeter. Any recommendations?

Jeebs1

Lurker
Dec 20, 2023
South Mississippi
Hello my name is Cuinn I’m fairly new to pipe smoking. I’m looking for a tobacco that isn’t going to break the bank, and is on the sweeter side. I’ve tried some paladin black cherry and it is alright but not exactly what I’m looking for. I’m looking for something a bit sweeter. Any recommendations?
I’m not sure what you are looking for but Sutliff has lots of different flavors aromatics , you might find something that interests you , I smoke only virginias , Sutliff does have a sweet Virginia #707

KruegerFlap

Might Stick Around
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
I'll second C&D's Autumn Evening and add C&D King Cake. Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is good as well. If you like vanilla Lane 1Q is sweet and not goopy and available just about everywhere in bulk.

Reactions: Jeebs1
G

Gimlet

There's different kinds of sweet. Depends whether you like cherry sweet, almond sweet, vanilla, etc.
Personally I don't like vanilla in any guise. I like sour cherry blends like Exclusive BC, but find some of the sweet cherries too artificial, like sucking sweets. A better sweet one, to my palete is Borkam Riff Ruby.

You just have to experiment to find out what suits you. The trouble with sweetly cased aros is they tend to ghost a pipe, so when trying something different if you've only got the one pipe it pays to give it a good clean with alcohol between different blends.

Another to try is Petersons Killarney, which is a whisky sweet virginia and black cavendish, or Petersons Sunset Breeze, which is almond amaretto. I like both of those as they have a natural rather than artificial sweetness. Sunset Breeze is really nice actually, but you need to dedicate a pipe to it or everything will taste of biscuits soaked in Disaranno.
Don't know so much about Sutliff as I'm in the UK and it's only just started to appear on the market here.

Roach1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
Hi,
Gatlinburlier Cherokee Cherry is IMHO very good along with Franks Blend. I have both cellared for over 12 years. I actually started the pipe again after about a 10 year absense. I can also recommend C&D Autumn Evening. My two cents for what its worth.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California

Sutliff (bulk) blends are on sale right now...

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
If you liked the Paladin Black Cherry but want something a bit sweeter, try Mac Barens Red Ambrosia. It's mostly a cherry aromatic but they add a bit of rum to it as well. It's sweeter than Paladin and offers a bit if complexity for a cherry aromatic, it's quite good.

Other than cherry, Lanes 1Q or RPK 6 is a great choice available nearly everywhere. They are the bulk equivalents of Captain Blacks Royal and White.

multitool

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2023
Hawaii
All of these are pretty affordable.

Sutliff aromatics
C&D Autumn Evening
Sutliff Sweet Virginia
Smoker's Pride Cherry Cavendish

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018