PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
My City of London Police, CI, classmate once asked to borrow a rubber. We in the US don't general "loan" such. Twas then I learned (learnt?) of the many dissimilar definitions tethered to all of the different pronunciations. One almost needs an "English to English" dictionary when visiting.
:D Joking aside I do find the American pronunciations interesting, in as much as how you come by them. By dad says it's just because you want to be different, but he's not exactly the most PC person I know.
It’s unfortunate, that’s for sure but that being said, I think you all have some of the best blends available on your side of the pond and I have spent a small fortune over the years stocking up on my favorites that are only available there. Worth every penny in my estimation.
Oddly - and I accept it's probably because I have so much to learn about tobaccos and their qualities - when I call for my sample packs at my local newsagents/tobacconists, it's always the American aromatics I go for. What's more the American aromatics are slightly more expensive but I suspect that's because they're not home grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.