PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I'm interested to know how many use a purchased tobacco pouch for their everyday carry vs just using the tin or pouch the tobacco came in. And why?

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I use a pouch, for me it is easier to carry than a tin. I don't carry in plastic if it comes bulk because with my luck I would tare the bag.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I use a pouch for my Hal O The Wynd it is my daily smoke and it is easier to load my pipe from a pouch than the 100g tin but I will also carry a tin of some type of C&D burley and I have no problem loading out of their 2 oz tins

firedragonx

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
Barkar, I use a pouch for my. mid-day smoke cause my morning smoke is always different. I have 25+ open tins (all stored in Ball Jars) so what I put in my pouch lasts for 5 to 7 days, like I said my starting smoke varies. I have several pouches, zipper, folding and a removable one in my pipe bag. Seems to be just as many pouches to choose from as there are pipes!
Mark

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I never use a pouch, mostly becasue if I smoke I am either at home, or I have brought my bag with me anyway

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
I use small ball/mason jars (squat jelly type) that fit perfect in cup holder of the truck. I also use an old leather billfold that I use small ziplocks in. It has 3 areas, 2 for baccy and one for pipe cleaners/matches etc. Sometimes I just fill a ziplock and go!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Pouch or just pack at home and put a wind cap on the bowl. Wind cap keeps the tobacco in the bowl and not in my pocket.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I don't normally smoke out, here in Oklahoma that is almost impossible! But when I do go camping and I need a ouch I have a dedicated tin I use, it's a tin that used to hold mints, I chose it because the seal is air tight, it's small enough to fit in my pocket, holds about 8-10 bowls, and I really like the look! When I'm home I store my baccy in zip lock bags, or jars. Depending on how quickly I'll go through the baccy

alonso2

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
I smoke my pipes mostly at home and the tobacco is in jars, but if I take the pipe out,I use a simg would ple plastic pouch, a zip lock bag would do just as well I guess.

Alan.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
If I'm out and about for a day, I grab a couple of metal cigar tubes to fill with the days smokes. I find that I can fit around two good bowls per, and it allows me to carry a few different blends around for variety. As I am never without my briefcase, I've modified the pen-holders to fit a half-dozen pipes; while the tubes fit nicely in the file pocket.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
When I first started smoking I used my store-bought vinyl pouch a lot more often. But then I was smoking a lot more bulk aromatics than I do now. Lately I've saved an empty 50g tin of Erinmore Flake that fits perfectly in my pocket, like a little sardine can.

I carry a round tin only if I'm close to the end of it otherwise in the climate here they tend to dry out quickly if kept outdoors too long. I'm not even bringing up 100g tins a la Mc Baren, those are too unwieldy to carry around unless one needed to use it as a weapon .....

bob1

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
I still use my "starter pouch" A vinyl tri-fold. I am thinking of a leather zipper pouch to replace it, any thoughts on which is better?
Thanks

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
I bought my first pouch in the mid 1960s. I thought it would make me look sophisticated to the girls. It was bright orange and made me look an idiot. Either that or it was the pink pipe?

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I have two, the first one I picked up in all places WalMart, for $10, that was years ago, made of leather and has a place to store one pipe, its used daily and still looks great and works great, its enough for the daily girnd, then at the Richmond Pipe show I picked up a two pipe pouch with bacy storage, tool space, cleaners, and extras, not too big or intrusive, and if you want to you can carry it by the little wrist cord, I do not, but you can. works great for travel and such because between the two of them I always have 3 pipes to rotate from and enough supplies to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.