Tobacco or Pipe orders for the Holidays?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
60 Fresh Vauen Pipes
12 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes
18 Fresh Ropp Pipes
New Accessories

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
My holiday order. Not boasting. Just excited.

100g British Woods

2oz. Plum Pudding

8oz. PS Bullseye Flake

80z. PS Proper English

8oz. Count Pulaski

2oz. C&D Bow Legged Bear.

whiskeymick

Lurker
Dec 18, 2009
London UK
Should keep ya going 'till the new year Mick! I'm off to stock up for Christmas tomorrow - I might keep one or two of these in mind and see if I can find 'em on my travells round the London pipe shops!

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Pipesandcigars Kevin. Mostly, because they had everything in stock. I think I will try one of our sponsors next time.

Thanks Mick. It almost drove my crazy. Reading all the reviews and such. As well as trying to come in budget..

falconeer

Lurker
Dec 17, 2009
Mine's not a tobacco order - I'm well stcked up on that front - this has been the year I got into meerschaums - my wife's got me two for Christmas, but she's also ordered me two carved ones with Sherlock Holmes' and Watson's heads and the tobacconist has just phoned to say they'll be in before the New Year.
Wishing you all the best
Gerry

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
One of Santa's elves slipped me a hint. There's a stocking out there with two packages inside -- something about bent bull dogs from Rattray's and Ben Wade. I can't wait 'til Christmas morning!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have a new Luciano pipe from NeatPipes heading my way from Italy for Christmas. I don't know if it will arrive by then or not.
You can see it here:

http://neatpipes.com/store/catalog/800/lu019L.jpg

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Yeah, that birdseye really grabbed my attention and bulldog/rhodesian is one of my favorite shapes. I also love how the color of the stem compliments the stain on the bowl.
I can't wait for it to get here!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have no idea yet. Most likely it will sit in my rack un-smoked for a few months as I have OCD and it is hard for me to decide what I will do with a new pipe, lol.
I still have a new pipe that I got in October that I haven't smoked yet. I think I will probably start breaking that one in on Christmas.
I normally break in my pipes with Virginia blends because, in my thinking anyway lol, you can smoke anything in it later when broken in with VA blends. Aromatics and English blends require some smoking out the ghost.
I am a strange and OCD piper, lol.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yeah, many folks overlook the fact that the break-in process does more than just develop a protective cake, it also seasons the wood -- the bowl and the shank. The Va's are popular choices for the reasons you mentioned.
My theory is this: use a stout perique blend. In his book, All About Tobacco, Milton M. Sherman observed that perique improves all tobaccos. That's a sweeping generalization, I know, but I've found it to be true -- for me. So I reason that a pipe that continuously "ghosts" perique can't hurt. I'll leave it at that since we're starting to drift off topic. But at any rate, congrat's on a wonderful find with that Luciano. I know it'll serve you well for years decades!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Nice Luciano Bulldog Bob! They take great pictires of them too.
I just got 3 Charatans yesterday thinking I can now join the Charatan Club, but then Bob reminded me that you need five to join.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
My complete Christmas order is here. Thanks to the fine folks at Pipesandcigars.com.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I bought Missouri Meerschaum corncobs for the blends I've never tried. They were $5.50 at Rite-Aid Pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.