PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stadiumsax

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
So today I found out that I cannot order tobacco offline due to the fact that I live in Washington State. I find this utterly stupid. I was wondering if anyone knew a good local tobacconist that I could go to.

Reactions: Leftcoastfreak

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I'm sure some of the others will be able to point you in the right direction--particularly Mason, I know he has a good idea of the tobacconists coast to cast.
I guess I just chimed in on this thread because the title struck me with the bitter irony that the state named to honor our first president, a tobacco farmer and our first commander-in-chief in the war of independence, throttles its populace with such disregard as that which led our founding fathers to declare revolt in the first place. I don't mean to sound *too* high and mighty on that, but...it just rankles. I feel for you, stadiumsax.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
As Ted mentioned...some fine establishments are willing to ship to WA(if you are willing to take the risk) 8O
Otherwise...you may be in luck since you are in Tacoma. There is a small place called Tacoma Tins that is reported to have 100-ish different tobaccos in stock. I haven't been there myself since I am up in the Everett area. I'm not 100% sure that they are still open though, as the website doesn't appear to be up any longer. Here is the info I do have on the place though:
Open: 11 to 6 Tuesdays thru Saturdays

4631 Pacific Av, Tacoma Tel (253) 472-7695 lambsearyarn@hotmail.com
Might be worth a quick phone call to see if they are still in business.
Another place I learned of just recently is Tobacco Patch. The website sucks and gives the appearance that they only deal in cigars. However, they do stock a pretty decent selection of pipes/pipe tobacco. I can only vouch for the Kirkland shop, but the owner tells me the Seattle one has even more selection. They mostly carry Mac Baren blends, but they also have a few Dunhill, Peterson, McClelland blends (probably a couple others).
There is supposedly a Tinderbox in Tacoma as well. I haven't any idea what sort of selection they carry though.

Reactions: Youngbuck

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
It all depends on where in Washington State you're located...I've only ventured into two tobacconists across the border so far; both were great (especially when compared to the head-shops we have in Vancouver, B.C.).

I frequent Fairhaven Smoke Shop in Bellingham (#1200 Harris Ave 100) any time I cross the line; but if I can talk the wife into it, I prefer making the trip to Yakima, to visit Lil Brown Smoke Shack (3201 Goodman Road).
I am quite sure there are many others; those are just the two that I've found (I avoid Seattle itself like the plague; it seems every time I go there, I get stuck on the I5 for a day and a half; man, you guys get some ridiculous traffic!).

stadiumsax

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
Looks like I am in luck then schmitzbitz I am moving up to Bellingham this summer for school! Haha but I will be sure to check out Tobacco Patch here in the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.