PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I like the burn qualities of folded and stuffed flakes. Plugs I usually cube cut, but it produces a similar result. But that’s for my own taste, and you may like something entirely different; and you won’t be wrong. Experiment, find what you like and roll with it.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Interesting so it’s like a PAX but the big difference is your combustion is happening at the mouth piece and the PAX has an “oven” at the bottom so the combustion is in the base. Still never though of smoking pipe tobacco out of it, it uh might be heavily ghosted with something else now ? ? View attachment 150421
Yes, it's at the top.

It's an interesting device, especially because of its portability. I'm highly unlikely to take my Savinelli Autographs out of the house, so, it's a viable option to a cob, which I have no qualms about taking on the go. I'm still dialing in the right voltage. I suspect I'll get better pipey goodness if I try grinding the tobacco much finer, like an espresso grind for a better, fuller burn, but, I'm reluctant to run tobacco through my Rocky Rancilio.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Yes, it's at the top.

It's an interesting device, especially because of its portability. I'm highly unlikely to take my Savinelli Autographs out of the house, so, it's a viable option to a cob, which I have no qualms about taking on the go. I'm still dialing in the right voltage. I suspect I'll get better pipey goodness if I try grinding the tobacco much finer, like an espresso grind for a better, fuller burn, but, I'm reluctant to run tobacco through my Rocky Rancilio.
It is the nice thing about being a cigar smoker, can always through a pack of Clubs or minis or a couple Monte 5s in a pocket (ok the Montes in a PC sized case in the pocket lol).

Reactions: Friendly Piper

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A quick pulse in a coffee grinder/spice grinder might work. A hand grater works well, I know from experience. You don't want to reduce the leaf to dust, and you don't want to do much quantity that will then dry out and go stale sooner. You just want to reduce the size of the cut, but not to dust. It can make a difficult-to-burn blend burn evenly and reduce relights.