PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobbs

Lurker
Aug 3, 2022
SF Bay Area, California
Tobacco as a market has always been globalist. The first tobacco was shipped to the world from North America and became a cash crop on other continents wherever it could be grown, and then was shipped around from all the different tobacco growing regions. Like tea, coffee, and various alcoholic beverages, tobacco is absolutely a cosmopolitan commodity.
The smartest comment in this thread (and it actually addressed the topic!!) was essentially ignored.

This place is like most car wrecks: I stop to see if I can help, but usually just keep going because my input won't change a damn thing.

-dobbs

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
So now it’s just “&K.” Sad and alone and still toting that ampersand around with no one to share it with.

Pretty sad huh?

Maybe we can all learn a lesson from that and be nicer to each other.

Obviously the GH rep is hopeless but I mean the rest of you.
Niceness comes at the cost of ego, which is unfortunately a cost too great for mankind at large.

...Or should I type this in 2023 context and say humankind?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Even more BS from the pappymac!!

You know darn well it's  GH and not G&H!!!

And for the record, it's now just Kopp Tobaccos

;)puffy
Yes.
I know it's GH. That was a miss type on my part.
And if you search back, you will see the post about Kohlhase parting ways with Kopp on Dec. 30, 2022. That doesn't change the fact that Kohlase & Kopp and now Kopp Tobacco is the blender for a number of different blends.

I hope you like the coal in your stocking this Christmas.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So now it’s just “&K.” Sad and alone and still toting that ampersand around with no one to share it with.

Pretty sad huh?

Maybe we can all learn a lesson from that and be nicer to each other.

Obviously the GH rep is hopeless but I mean the rest of you.
I LIKE the GH rep. She doesn't take any shit, and that bothers some who believe thry have an entitlement to give it.

I LIKE the GH rep. She doesn't take any shit, and that bothers some who believe thry have an entitlement to give it.
I respect someone who doesn't take shit too. But, she dishes it out way more than she gets, and her explanations seem to change the harder she is pressed on issues... which is obviously the reason some members here push. I am just as perplexed that you guys don't see this also.
Honestly, I am over GH&co. If you guys remember, I was practically a posterchild for the Dark Flakes and Pigtails, now I can think of better options to refer people too. Just too much of a toxic company for my tastes.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I respect someone who doesn't take shit too. But, she dishes it out way more than she gets, and her explanations seem to change the harder she is pressed on issues... which is obviously the reason some members here push. I am just as perplexed that you guys don't see this also.
Honestly, I am over GH&co. If you guys remember, I was practically a posterchild for the Dark Flakes and Pigtails, now I can think of better options to refer people too. Just too much of a toxic company for my tastes.
Depends on the nature of the push. I have enjoyed Arno's writings, but in this case I thought that he went WAY too far. When all is said and done, he's just an end user like the rest of us, only with a blog.
I've also noticed that pile ons happen here quite a bit. What else would you expect from her under the circumstances, some level of grace under fire that many of us rarely achieve in our own lives? Yes, she's a rep, of sorts, but not a punching bag.
She was pretty clear about circumstances regarding the tins this time around and nobody seemed to be listening. People were intent on venting.
Honestly, I don't understand why she hasn't just written off this place, a lot of other professionals and "legends" I've spoken with over the years have flat out told me that they won't engage here because of the behavior of the members.
Maybe this is just a condition of Internet communications, people feel emboldened to be rude because there's no physical consequence. Based on a number of comments made here about other forums, being aggressively attitudinal is pretty common.

Depends on the nature of the push. I have enjoyed Arno's writings, but in this case I thought that he went WAY too far. When all is said and done, he's just an end user like the rest of us, only with a blog.
I've also noticed that pile ons happen here quite a bit. What else would you expect from her under the circumstances, some level of grace under fire that many of us rarely achieve in our own lives? Yes, she's a rep, of sorts, but not a punching bag.
She was pretty clear about circumstances regarding the tins this time around and nobody seemed to be listening. People were intent on venting.
Honestly, I don't understand why she hasn't just written off this place, a lot of other professionals and "legends" I've spoken with over the years have flat out told me that they won't engage here because of the behavior of the members.
Maybe this is just a condition of Internet communications, people feel emboldened to be rude because there's no physical consequence. Based on a number of comments made here about other forums, being aggressively attitudinal is pretty common.
Everyone complains when they push her, but they don't ever seem to see that she pushes first. Anyways, I am out. I'm just going to ignore her.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Maybe to you. Maybe to some others. But, Sykes is just as much substantive... without making people feel insulted or gaslit.

If I have two gas stations, same prices, but one is insulting and the other is helpful and courteous... you know which one I will go to... and which one I will recommend people visit... Heck, we have a grocery store in town that smells funny and the people at the register are all disgruntled, and even though they would save me money, I refuse to go in there. Don't underestimate the power of courtesy.

But, then again, I am Southern. Courtesy is expected. I notice people further North seem to lack courtesy, so maybe not everyone values this, as I do. Just seems weird as hell to me.
It's good that you pointed out the Cultural differences between the North and South here in the States, when it comes to the UK though it varies as much as any larger land mass with attitudes, values, and dialects. In my experience, Great Britain especially the people seem to be much more matter-of-fact with no BS or social niceties. But I did see a bar fight where the gents would step outside get winded go back in for a drink and then go back out to finish the fight. Different stokes different folks.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
She is her own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.