PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
For tins with the warning, I take a straight edge as a guide and cut through the label, then peel off the offending part.warning removed.jpg

In the US some new tobacco still comes without the warning. I guess it depends on how it is imported.
peterson flake.jpg

Reactions: 3rdguy

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
"Smoking reduces fertility." rotf rotf rotf rotf rotf

My wife and I were smokers for over 10 years prior to meeting. We've got 3 children. I've got a brother and sister, and we came from smoking parents.
That warning has been going on in Spain for years. I only need to look at my wife and she gets pregnant. And I have been smoking since I was 16. Makes you wonder.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
The pouch of Captain Black Cherry I got from a re-enactor who brought it back from America wasn't so plastered with health warnings as UK tobacco packets!
I'm getting some Captain Black for my birthday so I'm thinking of saving the packets for when I buy loose tobacco for when I go to see Lace Wars, Sealed Knot etc!

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm with you mate, I hate those awful health warnings, they ruin what is otherwise some beautiful tin art.
Not pipe tobacco but I have some cigarette packets that are free of the ghastly pictures. Here's a Dunhill and a Benson & Hedges packet I own. They have the written warning but no pictures. Today it'd be olive green with a photo of a diseased lung or whatever.

View attachment 28381

Here's what all pipe tobacco pouches/tins are gonna look like soon (in the UK anyway).

Mick Mcquaid ☹

View attachment 28382
I'll have to save my US Captain Black packets then!

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Status
Not open for further replies.