PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bourbonandcigars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2024
Title edited for capitalization.

Anyone here ever smoked one of these? I’m ordering a box but don’t know if I should keep it in a humidor or not since the other semois I’ve had have been very dry. And will it fit in normal pipe sizes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123
Jan 7, 2024
I rotate in Le Petit Robin once a week or maybe every 2 weeks. I use my smallest bowls, and pack light. It's a nice deviation from my usual English and Orientals. Almost a palate cleanser. I do jar it, but I don't add any hydration.

Bourbonandcigars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2024
I rotate in Le Petit Robin once a week or maybe every 2 weeks. I use my smallest bowls, and pack light. It's a nice deviation from my usual English and Orientals. Almost a palate cleanser. I do jar it, but I don't add any hydration.
I love the loose semois. I was asking specifically about the short stubby cigar that’s makes for pipes.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sorry, no experience with Semois here.

Could you please put your location in your Profile? And perhaps introduce yourself!?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I love the loose semois. I was asking specifically about the short stubby cigar that’s makes for pipes.
I think it's the same across the board with the semois. I know that both the little cigars and pipe tobacco held up well just stored without any real protection. That is my experience at least. In fact shockingly the little cigars bloomed like mad compared to anything I've had and man once that happened they got extra tasty.

Reactions: Bourbonandcigars

Bourbonandcigars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2024
I think it's the same across the board with the semois. I know that both the little cigars and pipe tobacco held up well just stored without any real protection. That is my experience at least. In fact shockingly the little cigars bloomed like mad compared to anything I've had and man once that happened they got extra tasty.
Thank you. What do you mean by bloom?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thank you. What do you mean by bloom?
sudden appearance of white crystals that are wildly debated as to if they're mold or oil deposits leaving crystalized minerals or something else. Either way they don't have a nasty mold smell or taste. In fact they might as well have been sprinkles from cigar fairies that made them even better.
My running theory is they are mold but not bad molds. You know like on the good Italian salamis you see hanging in delis.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
They come with a moisture pack so it depends on how quickly you go through them. I did not care for the cigarillo version and gave them to a friend. The loose stuff for pipe is great I prefer the Extra Large cut.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, big fan of semois; but at $8/per....makes zero financial sense.
I'd be much happier buying a padron, and cutting off a stump to stick in my pipe. No, that is not meant in a derogatory manner. I finish all my cigars by stuffing them in my pipe.