PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I have been useing mason jars to store my tin tobacco after opening them. Ijust bought a 16 oz bag of tobacco in bulk . Should i put it in a mason jar or wait till I open the bag. I'm waiting to use up my tin of Barbados Plantation before I open the bag of Queen ann's revenge. Should I mason jar it now or wait? Thank you.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Some of the non-Mylar I’ll leave in the bag if it’s a small amount. Depending on the source, it just gets a little drier as time goes by as I’ve discovered by being lazy and not jarring it. Just a matter of paying attention. Not recommended, but some 2 oz. samples it’s just as easy to leave them in it and the bags fit nicely in a pipe roll to have handy in the Jeep.

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I jar all of the bagged stuff right away. I'm sure it will keep a while unopened, but there's really no point in delaying getting it in jars.
Thanks all, I'll jar it right now. It came in a mylar bag, but I'll jar it. Tobacco smells so good.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
Sorry.I ment plastic. I put 3/4 of the bag in a 16 oz mason jar. The rest in a 8oz jar. Will that be ok. Thank you.

A pound is just like a month's worth, unless you dilly dally around. I don't always jar up a pound... unless I am just setting it back to age. Otherwise, you want it to dry out anyways, and if you are going to burn through it in a month... just smoke it. Unless you are one of those once every now and then smokers.

Reactions: Hunter1