PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Nate said:
Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.
While not a Christmas movie, Jack's "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!....................." monologue ranks right up there with the quoted one on my list of all-time favourites. While it's probably BS, I read one time that Chevy ad-libed most of that rant.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
"Donovan's Reef" is my go to Christmas movie.
That is a good choice. I wish Lee Marvin and John Wayne had done more than 3 movies together. They work so well playing off one another.
For me, "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn" are my big Christmas movies. I love "Its a Wonderful Life" to death, but its less a Christmas movie and more a stone cold work of genius. I tend to watch it around my birthday (June) as opposed to Christmas.
Also, "Christmas Story" makes great background noise.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Christmas Story goes without saying in my house.
"What a tasty little boy!"
"Don't bother me, I'm uh, I'm thinking."
"I like the Wizard of Oz."
"Yeah..."
"I like the Tin Man."
Makes me laugh EVERY time!!
Plus all the DVD's with Frosty, the Grinch, all the Rankin/Bass stop motion productions and the Charlie Brown Christmas special are on constant rotation this time of year.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Christmas Vacation, Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas with the Kranks, White Christmas, Going My Way.
Those are my go to movies. Quite a bit of pipe smoking in a few of them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.