PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Every year at this time I watch “Christmas Vacation” with Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid, and of course Beverly D’Angelo who was always nice to look at.
After all these years of watching it I still laugh at the lines. Many of them now committed to memory.
Clark - Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on its way in from New York City.
Eddie - You serious, Clark?

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Best Xmas movie ever...
Clark: Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
:rofl:
It's classic! Every year, the day after Thanksgiving; we fix hot cocoa; I queue up the movie, while my wife and daughters put up the tree; and we ring in the holidays!
I hope it's a tradition my daughters remember, long after I'm gone.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
LOVE this movie... its on a list of Christmas movies we always watch during the holidays, as a family.
Elf

Christmas Vacation

Scrooged

Charlie Brown Christmas

A Christmas Story

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

Frosty The Snowman

Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Its a Wonderful Life

Jingle All the Way

A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott)
Holy crap, we watch allot of movies over the holidays :P

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
My wife is a notorious xmas junkie. I'm already burned out of Vacation and Chirstmas Story and we're just getting in to the 12 day countdown. Send Latakia and Excedrin.
Kidding aside, it wouldn't feel like the holidays unless there was that constant reminder playing in the background.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
My kids love it when I quote Aunt Bethany:
"Is your house on fire Clark?!?"
"Don't throw me down Clark!!!"
Their job is to respond with the appropriate line.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Cap rent it if you want to see how far movie makers are in the shit suit, it made me sad to compare it side by side with old movie, Oh Chevy is in it at the end, he's just like most of us, getting fat and less hair, his wife has fared much better.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I remembering seeing that one in the theater and laughing my ass off.
We never miss at least one viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life".
I'm also watching for "The Bishops Wife", a favorite.
This weekend, TCM showed "Meet me in St. Louis", which Robert Osbourne introduced as the perfect movie to get you in the holiday spirit. But, I've tried watching this one several times and I can't get past the 30 minute mark and well before any holiday festivities are shown.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
"Donovan's Reef" is my go to Christmas movie. Second is the Christopher Sim "A Christmas Carol" followed by the Scott one.
I watch the George C. Scott one every Christmas Eve.
This weekend, TCM showed "Meet me in St. Louis", which Robert Osbourne introduced as the perfect movie to get you in the holiday spirit.
Ah, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, my favorite Christmas tune ever! My eyes are tearing up...is it getting dusty in here?!?!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
My favorite line, though paraphrasing is the best I will be able to do:
Audrey: He worked really hard.

Art: So does a washing machine.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
For me and my family it's A Christmas Story.
We must have seen it hundreds of times. I may have to buy another dvd as this one has seen better days.
My wife is sick of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.