PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Not necessarily. I had a tin of Krumble Kake, couldn't sell it for what I wanted on tinbids but got the amount on here. No it didn't take a whole auction either maybe 8 hours at the most. Yes it was to a Chinese buyer with a US shipping address. Learned a good lesson there but I'm sure it would have gone to the same place if I sold it on tin bids. Maybe not the same person, but the same place. Highly Likely.
Yeah, C&D isn’t necessarily one to move on Tinbids. Certain brands do great while others... not so much. It's worked out in my favor as a buyer in that regard. I once scored three tins of 9yr aged Formers for 28 bucks plus shipping.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

Douglas

Lurker
Apr 1, 2023
Georgia, USA
Nothing but good experiences so far. Maybe a dozen transactions as seller. Sure, I‘d love for their cut to be less but their service really takes all the hassle out of the equation. They provide a worldwide population of buyers. They handle all of the go between. They provide the shipping labels and a pretty good system to keep up with your listings. They are quick to respond to questions, professional and courteous. I wouldn’t give up any one of their services for a reduction in their fee.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
One look at the site tells me I do not want to buy or sell there. As an earlier poster noted, it looks like a playground for shills.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
One thing is for certain. It would appear he admin cares about getting his cut than doing anything else. There is at least one particular seller who is super slow about shipping. 👎👎

copy paste: How long to sellers have to ship the item I’ve won? <--type-o is there too

Sellers have 7 days to ship your items to you. We set this time to factor in credit card processing procedures, usually however that time is less than 7 days.

After 7 days I send an email asking for a tracking number. Admin fires back it is a new seller, and to give him a couple days. Couple days go by, nothing. I point out the FAQ stating 7 days to ship, and the admin fire back it is 7 business days. Nowhere is that stated, but we are past 7 business days so I am now agitated on how this is going and request to cancel the item and all my current bids with this seller.

Next day the admin sends me an email telling me that the person in question really is a good seller and gave me a copy of the tracking number for auction "A" He then tells me there will be a tracking for auction "B" coming soon. He also tells me that I won auction "C" today and I have 4 days to pay or he will suspend my account! I did have to tell him that auction "C" was not won by me. It was an item I had asked to have a bid retracted but lost. Pretty weird that the admin had to through his suspension power out there like that IMHO. 👎👎

For what it is worth, I am on day 9 with no tracking yet for auction "B"👎👎

Last edited:

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
One thing is for certain. It would appear he admin cares about getting his cut than doing anything else. There is at least one particular seller who is super slow about shipping. 👎👎

copy paste: How long to sellers have to ship the item I’ve won? <--type-o is there too

Sellers have 7 days to ship your items to you. We set this time to factor in credit card processing procedures, usually however that time is less than 7 days.

After 7 days I send an email asking for a tracking number. Admin fires back it is a new seller, and to give him a couple days. Couple days go by, nothing. I point out the FAQ stating 7 days to ship, and the admin fire back it is 7 business days. Nowhere is that stated, but we are past 7 business days so I am now agitated on how this is going and request to cancel the item and all my current bids with this seller.

Next day the admin sends me an email telling me that the person in question really is a good seller and gave me a copy of the tracking number for auction "A" He then tells me there will be a tracking for auction "B" coming soon. He also tells me that I won auction "C" today and I have 4 days to pay or he will suspend my account! I did have to tell him that auction "C" was not won by me. It was an item I had asked to have a bid retracted but lost. Pretty weird that the admin had to through his suspension power out there like that IMHO. 👎👎

For what it is worth, I am on day 9 with no tracking yet for auction "B"👎👎
You need to remember, it's a random person that your buying from, not a small buisness or big business, but a lonely fellow who might be sick, family issues, child issues, hell even money issues. Sellers don't see a penny until you receive the item, so tinbids still has it and they are buisness and want to maintain there reputation so your money is safe. Humans are humans no easier way to explain it we all have issues. Just take a chill pill just think it will age that much more before you get to enjoy it.

Have you ever ordered from overseas? That's actually a hassle.

Reactions: beefeater33

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
You need to remember, it's a random person that your buying from, not a small buisness or big business, but a lonely fellow who might be sick, family issues, child issues, hell even money issues. Sellers don't see a penny until you receive the item, so tinbids still has it and they are buisness and want to maintain there reputation so your money is safe. Humans are humans no easier way to explain it we all have issues. Just take a chill pill just think it will age that much more before you get to enjoy it.

Have you ever ordered from overseas? That's actually a hassle.
Yes, I am aware it is a random person and I can promise I won't be buying from him/them again. Wouldn't be an issue if it were an isolated incident.

As for ordering overseas, I order more out of the country and in the country when it comes to tobacco.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss