Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I used to be a music fanatic. Everything from Metallica to Miles Davis, so long as it hit the heart, mind, or booty.

Album art was amazing and captivated me. I loved looking at the cover art and flipping through the inserts, soaking up the pictures, lyrics, and messages.

Most of my collection came from used CD stores and I'd drop a lot of cash at one time. Sometimes, I'd pick up an album based solely on the artwork. Most were hits, but some were shelf turds.

Of course, CDs became obsolete with the digital age and I disposed of all the jewel cases to save on space (they were previously displayed on bookshelves surrounding my entertainment center).

What is your favorite tin / label art?

Ever pick up a tin based on the artwork?

If so, what tin and was it a "hit"?

I ask for several reasons (curiosity mainly) and generally just buy in bulk. Personally, I'm doubtful of buying a tin based solely on art, but it may make a difference if it's a blend I'm interested in and close to my tobacco budget when placing an order (like a need 1 tin to get free shipping).

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I used to be a music fanatic. Everything from Metallica to Miles Davis, so long as it hit the heart, mind, or booty.

Album art was amazing and captivated me. I loved looking at the cover art and flipping through the inserts, soaking up the pictures, lyrics, and messages.

Most of my collection came from used CD stores and I'd drop a lot of cash at one time. Sometimes, I'd pick up an album based solely on the artwork. Most were hits, but some were shelf turds.

Of course, CDs became obsolete with the digital age and I disposed of all the jewel cases to save on space (they were previously displayed on bookshelves surrounding my entertainment center).

What is your favorite tin / label art?

Ever pick up a tin based on the artwork?

If so, what tin and was it a "hit"?

I ask for several reasons (curiosity mainly) and generally just buy in bulk. Personally, I'm doubtful of buying a tin based solely on art, but it may make a difference if it's a blend I'm interested in and I'm close to my tobacco budget when placing an order (like a need 1 tin to get free shipping).

Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: JOHN72

lonepiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2017
Central Virginia
Although I’ve never smoked it, Exhausted Rooster is a good one. My favorites are the ones that are simple, classy and nostalgic. Of these, the Drucquer and Sons lineup has always been my favorites. And of course, nobody gives better tin descriptions than G.L. Pease.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I like Rattrays tin art the best. It's very regal, old world and serious.

I can appreciate the more cartoony C&D labels, but I'm a sucker for the old fashioned stuff.

I've never bought a tin based on the label art, but now scotch? You show me a handsome bottle tube with raised gold lettering and I'll shell out $100.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Lots of personal versions as well as stock tin labels here if you use jars for storage.

Very cool concept for the technically inclined and overachievers (seriously).

I'm more of a mason jar with a masking tape label kind of guy (similar to the movie Repo Man with cans labeled "beer" or "beans".

Reactions: Akousticplyr

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I like Rattrays tin art the best. It's very regal, old world and serious.

I can appreciate the more cartoony C&D labels, but I'm a sucker for the old fashioned stuff.

I've never bought a tin based on the label art, but now scotch? You show me a handsome bottle tube with raised gold lettering and I'll shell out $100.
I like a number of C&D blends but really dislike the cartoon labels. Liked the eight state burley label (more than the tobacco)

Reactions: Jaylotw

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
35b54f8165c2e38e73e4ae68d2629781.jpg
Gasoline, oil, leather, white scarf, billiard pipe. Evocative.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I always thought the Richmond Navy Flake tins had a certain Art Deco feel to them until they stuck a sodding great health warning over half the tin. Here is an image from woogle showing what the tins looked like before the prohibitionist health nuts got involved.

Unknown.jpeg

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
You must be young............... CD's????
If you think they take up space try LP's............. I've spent HOURS looking over the art on those....

My favorite tobacco tin art is Dunhill's "The Aperitif'................ I never pick a blend based on the art, but I do like this mixture, though I liked the Durbar much more..........
1637519938321.png