PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
This is a little crate project I made to help organize some of my coin style tins. The crate will hold 12 columns of 11 tins for a total of 132 tins. Overall dimensions 14 ¾ wide, 18 5/8 long, and 12 ¾ tall (measurements are approximate ha). There is enough room to remove each column without having to unpack the whole thing. The crate is simple and relatively easy to make and will help to keep the tins more organized. I thought Id share because I assume theres a few other folks on this forum who have tins tucked away everywhere, so this may help to consolidate for the cellar.

Supplies:

1 edge glued common board (3/4” x 16” x 4 ft) about $16

-cut to (2) 13” x 12” pieces for the short sides and (2) 14” x 1” pieces for the handles and (1) 13 ¼” x 18 5/8” piece for the bottom

2 furring strips (1” x 3” x 96”) about $2.50 a piece

-cut to (10 total, 5 each long side) 18 5/8”

Wood glue and brad nailer

1678381480826.png

Everyone says that it takes up so much room. If I had to, I could easily fit 400lbs into a small closet. I mean, I have hobbies that require a lot of space. Golf clubs have to go somewhere, guitars, banjoes, etc... I can't believe people can't find a corner somewhere in their house to store their tobaccos.

Reactions: bobpnm

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Well designed and tailored to the purpose. The work is precise and professional looking. That storage box ought to last a lifetime. That tobacco would last me about ten years.

Reactions: Chalaw87