PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Long time listener, first time caller.

Happy to join the group! From California and plugging away the years before I can retire and start a farm/homestead.

I'm a big Pipe and occasional cigar smoker. In order of blend preference I'm primarily a Virginia lover, but am lucky to love most all non-aromatics.

Still amassing my cellar, and trying to convince myself to stop, unsuccessfully. I'm cellared wide and deep, but it can always get wider and deeper puffy

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Long time listener, first time caller.

Happy to join the group! From California and plugging away the years before I can retire and start a farm/homestead.

I'm a big Pipe and occasional cigar smoker. In order of blend preference I'm primarily a Virginia lover, but am lucky to love most all non-aromatics.

Still amassing my cellar, and trying to convince myself to stop, unsuccessfully. I'm cellared wide and deep, but it can always get wider and deeper puffy
The nature of cellars is that they are open-ended by virtue of the hoarder's spirit, without which a cellar can be considered complete. But a true cellar can never be considered complete, and thus it can grow indefinitely in anticipation of the dire circumstances of what an unknown future may bring.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….And where in our "interesting" state?

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Welcome from SE Louisiana!

I figure you like hot peppers...me too, and I just moved 7 assorted pepper plants from buckets to their new garden this week. Are you growing any currently?

spicy_boiii

Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Welcome from SE Louisiana!

I figure you like hot peppers...me too, and I just moved 7 assorted pepper plants from buckets to their new garden this week. Are you growing any currently?

I skipped this year and did tomatoes and some dwarf fruit trees. Next year I'll do it big, I moved to zone 9B and it's a nice long growing season. I'll probably start germination in late January.

What varieties are you working with?

You better bet when (if?) I get some space I'll grow some tobacco too

Reactions: gerryp

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Right now we just have 4 Big Thai Hybrids, 2 Tabasco, and a jalapeno. We also have a couple apple trees (hot weather resistant Ein Shemer and Bartlett Golden), a baby orange tree, and a ruby red grapefruit. If this keeps up I wont be able to fit the lawn mower into the back yard.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
I skipped this year and did tomatoes and some dwarf fruit trees. Next year I'll do it big, I moved to zone 9B and it's a nice long growing season. I'll probably start germination in late January.

[...]

You better bet when (if?) I get some space I'll grow some tobacco too

Welcome from Sweden!

How long have you been smoking pipes?

Growing/planting/preserving edible stuff is so much fun and can be done while smoking a pipe which is nice. This season I've planted blackberry, gooseberry, raspberry, strawberry, currant, rhubarb, apple, pear and cherry among others.

I too did not like aromatic pipe tobacco at first but that changed when I tried the British offerings from Samuel Gawith and Gawith & Hoggarth and learned to slow my cadence.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Status
Not open for further replies.