Time to Panic for Real!!!!!!!! KFC Has Run out of Chicken!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Dan, it doesn’t take a psychic to know your fowl remarks will come home to roost.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Well, the food may now suck, but you should check out the wiki page on Colonel Harland Sanders.
What a colorful life he lived, with successes, failures, brawls and even a shoot-out!
Based on that write up, I'd call it a life well lived.
jay-roger.jpg

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I was raised in Baltimore and remember Gino's!
Their flagship burger was the Gino's Giant, a Big Mac like concoction.
I remember Gino's well.. Reminds me of the joke that was popular when I was a kid.
Why does everyone pee at Gino's?

Cause Gino's is the place to go!
Grew up in Rosedale (Baltimore Co.). Used to go shooting where White Marsh mall is now located.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
It looks like DHL was under contract to reduce CO2 emissions. Maybe if they were allowed to step on the gas they could've delivered the chicken.
From DHL Press Release

Key areas of focus will be reducing logistics-related emissions to net zero over the life of the contract

We want to deliver a new level of service to our restaurants and franchise partners, improve the quality of service to our customers and reduce our environmental impact – all to a level that has never been done before.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Meh, I stopped eating at kfc when they stopped making the "double down" sandwich. Where the chicken IS the bread!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
On the whole I find fast food not worth the eating. Bojangles was praised but I spent $12.00 there many times for 5 thighs, two biscuits and and a drink until I gave up on getting thighs any bigger than my thumb-no, but you get the picture, small chickens have small pieces. Food Lion, a SE region grocery chain gave me 1 lb 28 oz of fried chicken for $7.50. The only problem was that half the weight was breading. You know, the standard corporate bs.
The only thing I get are two Egg McMuffins on Sunday morning, bogo for filling out their cheesy online survey.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Don't worry, it isn't 100 percent chicken anyway methinks. I read years ago that they are not allowed to call it chicken, but something else. Now, I could be wrong, but they are some sort of mutant version or something. If I liked chicken though, I would think it tasted good because of the crispiness I remembered as a kid. Even though I'm not big on fast food and eat more on the healthy side, I seem to like the culture in fast food places better than the up to date hip million word description how they cuddled every pig before they gently euthanized it blah blah blah.
Maybe I don't like chicken because they say it tastes like frog legs.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Is it strange I thought that this thread would somehow get political and get blackholed by Javan?
Can't say I have much desire for KFC. I've tried Popeyes a few times with mixed results. I remember going out to eat as a kid and my mom would think everything was too expensive. "Do you know how many chickens I could buy for that?" She'd always say. I think Popeyes is way overpriced.
I recently found an incredible recipe for fried chicken I will share with anyone who asks. SO MUCH BETTER than anything from either KFC or Popeyes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I last had KFC in 1980. It was good, but not good enough to ever go back.
The best fried chicken that I ever had was at the (now long gone) Joy Freeze in Millsboro, Delaware. Just amazingly delicious.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I used to eat at KFC a lot when I was younger, and it was a much better restaurant. Over the years the local KFC went down hill, so I ate at it less and less. It eventually closed up and is now a Mexican restaurant. Now days I prefer to eat a Popeyes. I still eat at KFC from time to time, but very rarely.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
A few years ago, we visited KFC for the first time in decades, and when we got home with it, I was alerted to the kitchen quickly with my wife's blood curdling scream on opening the box. It was crawling with live maggots. There is no way anyone could have boxed up that rancid crap and not have seen them-Cosmic
Had to have been someone who knows you, Cosmic. :wink:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Now you folks are in my next of the woods!

Running out of product for franchisees sounds like a nightmare.....
I worked for Roy Rogers in '82, when the acquired Gino's. (and I still work for RR). Their DM's lived like Kings, Cadillac company cars. The old Gino's buildings (we still have two in the system) had an upstairs above the restaurant. Most DM's converted one into their office, but some were more like swinging bachelor pads, where nubile young hostesses were lured....Ah the go-go 80's.
Gino's had about four units sprinkled around Baltimore. They are down to one, you can't do purchasing for four units and stay profitable.

I imagine buying for any restaurant would be a difficult job. Our local favorite trough found as deal on Quails, and bought twenty of them for a special dish on Valentines. Afraid that many wouldn't be interested in eating quail, they really played it up on social media. We were there in line at opening, and only after a 25 minute wait, we were all told that the quail had sold out, and all they had left was fresh trout or the heart shaped sushi. Mmmmm, fish on Valentines Day. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.