PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Oh no. He was one of the last of a dying breed. He made so many laugh and smile during his life and career. Most comedians these days rely on shock value as opposed to true comedy, when a facial expression, or a well timed word could make you fall out of your seat laughing. May he rest in peace.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wow, from McHale's Navy in 1962, to Carol Burnett, to his last film in 2016, the man was prolific. Great comedic timing. May he R.I.P..

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Tim and Harvey would make me laugh as hard as they would crack and laugh at each other. God Bless! Real humor...

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Loved this guy! May his memory be eternal.

Here is one of my favorite comedy bits. Harvey Korman wet himself during this bit.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/nF_C3bO8WZ0

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Read a longer obit on Tim Conway's career that was most interesting. His break-out role was as second officer on a PT boat in McHale's Navy series on TV, with Ernest Borgnine in the leading role. Did PT boats have more than one officer during WWII? Maybe. The Conway character was sent to spy on McHale who was thought to be a rogue. Again, would the Navy in the Pacific theater bother with moles on a patrol craft? Well, it made a funny show. Mis-remembering WWII was a national pastime. Also, the Conway role was an ensign, but I don't think officers in the combat zone retained anything lower than a Lt.jg. rank, though in the turbulence of war, who knows what all went on. Mostly ensign was a training rank. My dad was a Lt.jg. eventually serving as skipper of a YMS minesweeper in the Philippines. After the war ended, my dad was offered a promotion if he'd go to serve in Hong Kong, but instead he came home to his wife and toddler daughter, and after that, I was the next "thing" that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.