PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Sloppy snowy Spring day. I worked on this Tilshead. The chamber rim was pretty ugly, with knife slips and charring. Rather than top it, I opened up the upper portion of the chamber to get rid of the damage.

The rim is reasonably back in round. I coated the inside of the bowl with maple syrup and activated charcoal.

This would’ve been a JU “P” if not for small blemish on the right hand side of the shank. The briar looks like what they were using in the mid eighties.

D773300A-637A-4915-8831-D7AF06E16607.jpeg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sloppy snowy Spring day. I worked on this Tilshead. The chamber rim was pretty ugly, with knife slips and charring. Rather than top it, I opened up the upper portion of the chamber to get rid of the damage.

The rim is reasonably back in round. I coated the inside of the bowl with maple syrup and activated charcoal.

This would’ve been a JU “P” if not for small blemish on the right hand side of the shank. The briar looks like what they were using in the mid eighties.

View attachment 298677
Looks quite a bit like a Savinelli 904 or a GBD 9613.

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Excellent work. Glad you’re smoking it. That’s a keeper for sure. Check out that damn bird’s eye on the rim of the pipe…gorgeous. Don’t bend the stem, leave as is and enjoy. Great pipe and thanks for the pics.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You get hacked?
No this thread got buried by a member whose best thinking was to gang respond to a pile of new member posts all at once, burying any and all then current threads by pushing them off the front page.

It's great to welcome new visitors, but why be so lazy and impersonal about it by going to the area where the new member posts are gathered and just mechanically copying and pasting one post after another while screwing with the flow of discussions as a result?

Exactly who is benefited by that?

Reactions: jhowell