PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I have 2 friends that do well for themselves creating Tiki art.

Reactions: Puff nstuff

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I can't imagine having "woke" friends.

They wouldn't understand any traditions anyway...just tell them it's the penis of Tanya.
I have friends of every persuasion possible, left, right, and on and on. It’s easy for me, but I find it harder for them. It seems many people today just can’t enjoy someone whose intellectual views run contrary to their own.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I'd say we're all better off if we don't even mention "PC"...

What does that mean? Personal Computer?
Practice Chanter. It's a minor instrument used to learn GHB ( Great Highland Bagpipes).

I never understood Tiki culture. Drinking funny cocktails in funky ceramic glass while in pseudo Asian restaurant with ton of bamboo decor is.. Cool?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I have friends of every persuasion possible, left, right, and on and on. It’s easy for me, but I find it harder for them. It seems many people today just can’t enjoy someone whose intellectual views run contrary to their own.
I have no problem with a differing intellectual view, but I do have a problem with intellectual dishonesty...and much of what is called "woke" amounts to a denial and negation of reality.

The worst aspect of it, and the thing I have the most problem with, is its promotion of sex change surgeries on not just minors, but on prepubescent children. If an adult chooses to do this it is their business, but this being done to children is a sickening, indefensible abomination...and it is incomprehensible that it is legal.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I have no problem with a differing intellectual view, but I do have a problem with intellectual dishonesty...and much of what is called "woke" amounts to a denial and negation of reality.

The worst aspect of it, and the thing I have the most problem with, is its promotion of sex change surgeries on not just minors, but on prepubescent children. If an adult chooses to do this it is their business, but this being done to children is a sickening, indefensible abomination...and it is incomprehensible that it is legal.
I find that most people who have difficulty with the intellectual dishonesty of others have no issues with their own intellectual dishonesty. I am happy to stomach the company of others as long as they can do the same. My close friends range from hard core trumpers to tree hugging eco activists, proud boys to anarchists. I know what I believe and that is enough for me. Each group has their own lines in the sand issues. What is liberating is when one realizes that the lines are drawn in sand.