PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
It's a great review. I am more and more becoming a latakia smoker, seeking at least some of it every blend it seems.
One issue: Not having been a cigarette smoker, I don't quite get the point you were making about nicotine content. Are you saying it is relatively low or relatively high?
thanks.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Tslex; Kevin's got me figured.
As part of my review notes, I always write a little blurb about the nicotine content. Some blends will leave me craving a cigarette while still smoking the bowl (Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew, Balkan Sasieni), while others will kill any cravings for hours (Irish Flake, XX Black Rope, Tambolaka...ok, so Tambo sets me up for days...). As someone who is striving to kick the coffin nails, this becomes somewhat important to me. When I write the review up, I usually transcribe this info (namely for cigarette smokers), but perhaps I am not using the clearest of rhetoric when doing so...I'll work on simplifying this for my next review.

Thanks!

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Hmm. I was really excited to try and get some of this but honestly it sounds to me just like Frog Morton Across the Pond. Which is of course REALLY good. But just not smoky enough for me. So comparing it to FMAP, what are the differences?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think Adam's review was a textbook correct example of how to write-up a tobacco.

It gives one who is totally in the dark on a blend all he needs to know before making a decision to buy a tin.
I would encourage everyone to use his review as a rough template and try to write a review of their own.

I'd really enjoy reading everyone's opinions and impressions; and Luxury Tobacco Reviews.com is the perfect forum for publication.
Adam has already worked out a lot of the details for us. Just read his excellent, almost scholarly examination

of the issues in his blog: Tobacco Flavours and Nuances.
Nice work, Adam. :clap: I hope you write-up many more blends in the near future.

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Thanks for posting a link to this great review Kevin. I've been wanting to try Three Oaks Syrian for some time, now it's at the top of my Must Try list!

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
been smoking this all day for the last couple of days,and i am almost out... good thing there's a tobacco run planned this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.