PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Here's the pipe my dad is smoking in those Thanksgiving photos.

I've done some basic work on the bowl and stem because he didn't believe in pipe maintenance, but as you can see, nothing major. Just smoked some Smyrna in it this morning because that's the driest blend I've got and the air is dripping -- a few relights but smoked nicely all the way to the bottom, no moisture at all, which is rare for me in a bent pipe even when the weather is prime.

img_7143-600x317.jpg

img_7142-600x380.jpg

img_7147-600x313.jpg

Mediocre photo but there's some nice birdseye on the bottom. I like the pronounced ridge:

img_7149-600x346.jpg

And a close-up of the big flaw:

img_7145-600x600.jpg

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Very charming pictures, thank you for sharing! I especially like that shot of your father in Norway.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Awesome pics folks. Unfortunately all my predecessors were cigarette guys (As I was for 5 years or so in my younger days). My dad enjoyed cigars for a while, but was not much of a camera person. He sort of lives life by the seat of his pants. Runs every machine he has ever used like he's never gonna use it again (up to and including our airplane).
I am probably the first person in my family to smoke a pipe since the 19th century. We are kind of doing it backwards.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Very nice pics! Nice to reminisce and see your old family members enjoying a pipe and having fun.
One of my uncles smoked a pipe when I was very young and I still remember the smell of his Carter Hall and his zippo lighter that he used to light it with. He always had a pouch of CH with him.
I can still hear that trademark zippo "click" when he opened his lighter and the smell of the lighter fluid.
Great memories.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
What incredible Pix! These Pix are true treasures. How can you ever beat that!

Thank you, thank you for sharing!!!!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.