PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Nsfisher:
Uh. . . Wow. Not sure what major world issues we should be discussing in a forum dedicated specifically to questions about this Web site. You don't see this as a legitimate concern regarding the Web site?
Bon

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I've just discovered a point that may explain things. Since I'm fairly new here, I've only read forums and posted to them by going to the specific forums in question. For tobacco, I go to the Tobacco Discussion forum. For general pipe stuff, I go to General Pipe Discussion. But I'm seeing that others here don't work that way. They scroll down to the bottom of the Forum Home page and read by topic header. This lessens the chance that a poster will actually know what specific forum they're reading in. (I'm going to assume that's why some in this thread were baffled by my question altogether; maybe they didn't realize it was posted in a forum dedicated to PipesMagazine.com discussions.)
FWIW...
Bob

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
If people aren't going to post in the right category, the general discussion should have a longer list so people that don't visit every day can still see things without going to categories.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I've just discovered a point that may explain things. Since I'm fairly new here, I've only read forums and posted to them by going to the specific forums in question. For tobacco, I go to the Tobacco Discussion forum. For general pipe stuff, I go to General Pipe Discussion. But I'm seeing that others here don't work that way. They scroll down to the bottom of the Forum Home page and read by topic header. This lessens the chance that a poster will actually know what specific forum they're reading in. (I'm going to assume that's why some in this thread were baffled by my question altogether; maybe they didn't realize it was posted in a forum dedicated to PipesMagazine.com discussions.)
Yup. That is the reason.
Personally, I rarely visit a specific forum but always go to the bottom of the main page to see recent posts. Also, the mods usually catch posts that are in the wrong place, they're usually pretty good about moving them. Overall, it doesn't bother me much because it's fairly infrequent and I am not much on following rules. That's right, I am a rebel! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.