Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Very nice....
though not my favorite shape. However, that shank-to-stem junction, and vintage, Lorenzo-ish styling on the asymmetric saddle stem is, imo, what makes the pipe. The shaping of the shank- as it blends into, and matches the lines on the stem in one long sweep ...is beautiful, dynamic, and compels to eye to follow all the way to its conclusion, i.e, ending at the button. Nice. The wood, the texture, all works. Unconventional styling is the bonus.

If YOU love it.....BUY IT!...BEFORE IT'S GONE!!!!! (Just read that it was sold) :(

Last edited:
Reactions: jon11

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
No matter how much you smoke pug it’s still tuff and salty, but I like this pipe. I’m not into the nose warmers but a full size like that would be killer. Any idea what he’s getting for these pipes?

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Very nice....
though not my favorite shape. However, that shank-to-stem junction, and vintage, Lorenzo-ish styling on the asymmetric saddle stem is, imo, what makes the pipe. The shaping of the shank- as it blends into, and matches the lines on the stem in one long sweep ...is beautiful, dynamic, and compels to eye to follow all the way to its conclusion, i.e, ending at the button. Nice. The wood, the texture, all works. Unconventional styling is the bonus.

If YOU love it.....BUY IT!...BEFORE IT'S GONE!!!!! (Just read that it was sold) :(

Thanks for your analysis! I agree

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
It IS an eye-catching piece. I think the take by sumusfumus was about right. I love the way the shank/stem transition/mate, love the colors, the shape.
I wonder about the button. I guess it seems big and maybe is, to offset for the offset?
(usually clench the stem inside of the button)

I really like it! The only thing that would keep me from buying it is the rim being stained and polished. I've been trying to keep all of my new pipes in the rustic rim or just polished range. Polished and stained means that I would be wiping away the stain eventually as I fight to keep the rim cleaned up of all of the cake crawl.

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Love the angles on that pipe and the shape of the stem. I’d get it and be too afraid to “ruin” it by smoking. Really beautiful. 2020 has been a rough year for most, you deserve to treat yourself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my nose-warmer pocket pipes sturdy but a little trimmer, good thick shank and stem, but not quite so much girth, but visually it's appealing, reverse Calabash I presume. If it's calling to you, I'd go with it, the commission I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.