PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Sparrowhawk - that's a nice sandblast - the best I've ever seen on that line.
For those thinking about it: the stems vary - I've seen some Draculas with some sad looking stems, so be sure to look closely to find a pattern you like / amount of swirl. The gentlemen who have posted pictures know this - they've got some beautiful pipes.

Reactions: radrick96

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
For those thinking about it: the stems vary - I've seen some Draculas with some sad looking stems, so be sure to look closely to find a pattern you like / amount of swirl.
Very good advice. When I bought my Dracula pipe, I jumped before I looked. My stem has very little swirl on the top and not much better on the underside.

Reactions: radrick96

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Posted this thread before, or tried, but must not have clicked the send-post. Flirted with the Drac' pipes for several years. Love the contrasting briar and stem, but always ended up going in a different directions for a Pete. Eventually bought a BC Caprice bent billiard with the black rusticated briar, silver-colored band, and raspberry stem, for the same contrasting concept but a little more subtle approach. Still like the Drac', but really enjoy the Caprice, being quite a fan of French pipes too.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
It's like most Peterson pipes in that price range with a fun stem. If you like these pipes, you'll like the Dracula. Definitely make sure that you purchase based on photos of the pipe in question, because as mentioned, the stem can be really unique or really boring.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, the stems vary a lot, same color scheme, but various patterns or lack thereof. If you can buy in person, so much the better, or if you have doubts, call the place and have them size it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.