PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I've been a mod of several forums over the years. Some controversial. The most recent one, the owner just got out of the pokey. No idea why you can't take money out of your own business. Oh well, all I did was mod.
Toughest part is when to take issue and when to let the fun continue.
Many of you have already made me feel at home, even though I have no idea what I am talking about half the time.
If I have a question about what may be appropriate I will ask the mod. I won't put a polished apple on his desk. Oh, maybe I will.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
aldecaker, I doubt that his avatar was the picture of Stalin. And he lived in the States, not Canada. That's why I asked who we were talking about, instead of just going with "Are we talking about TMB?".

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The population has changed drastically since I started posting here a few scant years ago. Forums and their populations are nothing if not ephemeral.
I do miss Peck and Harris, but they have better things to do. I just hope that Harris' absence isn't due to a recurrence of his health issues. It was nice to see 4dotsasieni drop in again. Some banned former members post elsewhere. I look in regularly, sometimes post regularly, other times don't. After a certain point a lot of the posts become repetitive for those of us who have been around for a couple of years.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
There is a fair chance that I have been booted from more forums than most of you have ever joined. I have mellowed over the years.
The internet is a funny place to hang out. We start to think we know each other and then someone drops away with out a word.
I try to enjoy the moments as they occur and then move on to the next moments.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I do notice we don't keep women Forums members for long. Guess it is too much of a boy's club, but I'm glad we still have several women joining in. Of course, culturally pipe smoking skews strongly toward men, but women do stop by and join for a while. So far as I know, no women have ever been ejected. They just take their business elsewhere. Women members, stick around!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Jonesing went wacko .I miss Fred Bass one time he posted about smoking some aged blend that was like 40 bucks for one ounce . There have been many along the way that have come and gone. Just glad they stopped by and shared along the way. Jvnshr I will take you on your word no need to prove. Please do not prove.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just look at the threads that ask for photos.... I don't recall a woman in any of them— though, someone, please put in a link to show I am wrong!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There is a fair chance that I have been booted from more forums than most of you have ever joined.
It's also worth mentioning that many if not most forums/social media are abusive little fiefdoms ruled by territorial geeks with a Napoleon complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.