Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Once again my favorite junktique shop comes through. There is one shop I stop by pretty frequently and the owner has started setting the pipes he gets in aside for me :)
Left side yello bole marked honey cured briar

Right side an unmarked briar with a corn cob liner

middle top to bottom a custombuilt with a stem that fits but is pretty obviously from a different pipe, a briarworks bear head that I wasnt to thrilled with until I smoked it, a cool metal pipe that I need to browse smoking metals to I.D., lastly an RBC meer from the early 1900s in fantastic shape.
Not bad for 40 bucks.
GEDC0389_zps75a46406.jpg

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Lucky you. That's great that you have a relationship like that with the owner. Not a bad buy for $40.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Yeah it is may favorite from this set. I was smoking it yesterday and a buddy of mine informed me that I was under dressed for the pipe.

ugh457

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2013
Brantford, Ont.
I work with a guy who runs an antique shop. This will result in my frequent and annoying querying him about pipes...lol. You have inspired me! (This could be an early symptom of PAD? Week)

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Good haul! That meer has a beautiful patina. Try as I might, I've never had any luck trolling antique stores for pipes.

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
I seem to only find things in antique stores when I'm not looking for 'em. :wink:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I struck out in my trip today, it's all part of the hunt. Maybe next time I'll find a treasure.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think a standing deal with the proprietor is the only way to do this, since otherwise I find zero-nothing-nada from one

year's end to the next. I commend you on your "take," and suggest you keep your source top secret. I see I have to

buy some antique shop owners some coffee and glazed donuts, or something. And, as someone mentioned, drop them

a twenty every six months if they produce.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Yeah the wife and I hit this one often enough that he has actually left to run an errand after telling us "I need to go for a few keep an eye on the shop" :D

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great score, pal.
It's finds like yours that keep a lot of us walking back through the doors of those shops.
Fnord

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is an excellent score. I got my pipe rack at an antique store that I didn't even plan to go into. I just had the time one day and picked it up for $17. It came with a Yello Bole pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.